Ways to encourage return of fertility?

Pielette

Mum to little men
Reaction score
Are there any? Or do I just have to wait?

No sign of my period returning yet and as nice as it's been, I want it back now! It was this point last time round that we started TTC and we do want no. 3 so I'd like it back.

Milo is sleeping through about 60% of the time and having just one quick night feed if not. Eating plenty of solids on top of four big milk feeds during the day. I kind of thought my cycles would start kicking back in once sttn started happening but no joy thus far.

The only thing I read about was agnus castus, but i was more worried it would mess up my cycles than anything. I had to quit bf altogether to get af back at 17m. Took 6 weeks.

I'm impatiently waiting for AF to return, as well. I'm starting to wean DS now, but even after decreasing nursing sessions during the day AF is still MIA! Why does the witch never come when you want her to, and always show up when you don't???

He is still waking to nurse at night, so I suspect that has something to do with it for me. Although, he did STTN from 2-4 months old and that didn't make a difference anyway. I'm planning to start offering him water when he wakes at night because I know he's getting plenty to eat during the day and I think the night nursing has turned into habit and just a way for him to get back to sleep when he wakes up rather than him actually being hungry.

Thanks BigAl, I had heard of agnus castus, I'll have to do some research into it. I'm wary of anything damaging my milk supply, I don't want to wean anytime soon.

Wanting2010 - I know! Hate the flipping witch with a passion but right now I'd love to see her! I really thought that once we were down to 4/5 feeds in 24 hours that I'd see my cycles return. Frustrating :growlmad:

Ah yeah just noticed it's your youngest you're feeding. I even tried skipping 24hrs as a one off, hoping it would kick start things (which did work for a friend), but made no difference.
I have never been so desperate to see af again either, luckily i got pregnant again on my 3rd cycle, so only had 3 periods in nearly 3 years. Think af is more likely to be regular the later it comes back, which is one positive i suppose.

Vanessa, are you and DH ready to start TTC? I know you haven't been on our thread in a while, so you probably didn't know I'm cooking up # 3! As you know, though, my fertility didn't come back until I totally stopped BFing.

Oh Jordyn that's fantastic! Congratulations! I keep meaning to come back on, you've reminded me.

Well I'd like to start thinking about it in the next few months so it would be nice to see AF return.

Ladies, I'm in the exact same boat, I was actually going to post something very similar. SO impatient and frustrated!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->