We both admitted we want another!

LeeLouClare

Reaction score
Last week me and my husband admitted we want another. Ever since my daughter was born I told everyone she's my last one but the last couple months I've been thinking that our family isn't complete. Now I know my husbands family isn't gonna be happy with any new baby news and my family will except it if it happens but will try persuade me otherwise until it happens but mainly its the MIL I'm mostly worried about.
My husband thinks we should plan to have a baby for summer 2015 which I think is great. As my sons birthday is November and my daughters is January. Mine is February and hubby is august. I come from a large family and my husband always wanted siblings.
But three isn't large is it? thing is both my pregnancy's weren't really planned. we decided to have our first and fell pregnant very quickly before I even looked at getting myself in shape and my second was a surprise.
I'm finally on level with my thyroid meds and getting to full health so im planning to loose the extra pounds.
any more advice? was thinking of loosing the coil so I can get my periods back to normal? and then just use condoms until we officially try?
thanks for any advice

I was worried about my family's reaction to our 3rd pregnancy but I was exactly in the same position. I'm the oldest of 4 children and OH was pretty much an only child, he did have a sister but he never saw her because he was adopted by his aunt and uncle after some issues with his biological parents. But anyway, my grandmother and MIL are both critical about us raising a family. For some reason, they both treat us like children, like we don't know what we're doing when we have a home, I have my own business and two lovely children who could want for nothing, but because we don't live the way they think we should, they talk down to us a lot.
After we had a MMC last year, although that pregnancy wasn't planned, we got used to the idea of having a 3rd child and told our family it was going to happen and we would try again like it or not. Although I got scolded almost every time we saw my grandmother or his MIL, we told them that it's our life and our family and we will do what we feel is right. We decided we wanted another child and were in a great position to have another one and now that we're finally pregnant with our third, although my grandmother and MIL exploded when we first told them, they've been happy ever since and have fully gotten used to the idea of us having our third in August :)

I guess the biggest objection my family had was that OH has 3 other children from his previous marriage, so although this is our 3rd together, it is his 6th, but we love all the children and we are very active in OH's other 3 children's lives so we're happy with the decision we made and we feel that's all that matters :)

Good luck to you sweetie!

In all honesty I don't know what this trend for 2 children, in particular b/g or PP is. I am no. 3 of 9 and hubby is no. 5 of 5 but has 2 older siblings from his Dad's previous marriage. Too complicate matters more he wasn't brought up by his Dad but his maternal aunty who had 3 boys previous. Anyway my Mum is always wanting more grandchildren whereas his Mam/Aunty thinks we're mad for wanting one more. She says 3 is hard work yet had DH not needed a home she would've tried for no.4 in the hope for a girl!?!
All I keep thinking is it's our family and they can like or lump, besides they all come calling when a new baby is on the scene lol.
I say don't listen to them, it's your family. Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->