We can't pick a name

Mii

Reaction score
By the time I was 20 weeks I had a boys and girls name picked out with my first one (then again I was doing it alone so I had no one to argue the names lol)

But this time my OH is so picky with names I dont know what to do. I have litterally said EVERY name in the English dictionary and he says no to EVERYTHING. I dont know what to do anymore. The weirder the names the less he likes them. (and I dont like really common names like John, Tyler, Adam etc)
So I feel so .. stuck. He has no interest in looking for names unless I sit him down and make him look and even then he will say he likes a certain name but then a few days later hes "not sure" and I WANT TO SCREAM AT HIM. I dont care WHAT are son is called at this point! I JUST WANT HIM TO HAVE A FRIGGING NAME ALREADY.

Omg. I could have written this same exact post. My husband and I got into it this weekend because he is the same way. Hates every name I mention. Ugggghhh! Men. I'm hoping we come up with a name soon or we will have to go with my best friends 3 yr old sons suggestion of " sponge bob". Ha ha ha

I am seriously ready to tell him if he doesnt pick a name by the time I am 30 weeks I am naming him *insert name I pick* and he can just live with it.
the more I think about it the more it makes me angry. Its like he doesnt want to think about names and pretend this isn't happening but it is happening and he leaves for school in like 2 months and he is going to have no time to think about names! Its really upsetting me. :nope:

We have a girl name but no boy name. I also like less common names, and Dh likes family names (one in particular is terrible). I also can't find much that goes well with our last name. Very frustrating! Good luck, maybe the perfect name will jump out at you both - that's what i hope happens for us.

Yup. Girl name was easy. Boy name not so much. We find out on Thursday what we are having and I'm praying so hard it's a girl so I can stop stressing. Good luck ladies and keep me posted if you find the perfect name ( we might steal it) lol

My suggestion. .bc my husband was that way...pick a common name and spell it different...we picked aiden but are spelling it aidynn. And for the girl we just changed that to adilynn lol u can try my names lol

He says "Quinn is fine" (its been the only name he hasn't said no too. He just said "eh") so I said "Fine, his name is going to be Quinn unless YOU find one you like more." So... I guess thats that lol.
(after he said he was going to sleep I guess he knew I was upset so he text me asking if I was angry n I just explained to him how I was feeling lol) seriously tho I am done looking at baby names or I will rip my hair out :p

Ha ha. My OH and I are exactly the same, but apparently I am naming this one, but yet if I mention any names I like I get a crappy response from his highness.

We were the same with, had boys and girls names picked for 1st bub years before falling pregnant.
2nd time we couldn't agree on any boys names and decided when he was born.
This time we have a new girls name picked but no boys names, last time was hard enough lol our boys are Seth and Eli.

That's how it was with my husband. I swear he would say he hated it before I even finished the name LOL. We got into so many fights about it. I just knew as soon as I found out I was pregnant that it was a girl. Picked out the nursery colors, bought clothes, toys everything along the way. Even did our registry at 13 weeks with all pink stuff. At about 8 weeks I picked out a girl name. Not just any name THE NAME. When I read it I just new that was my daughters name. Of course my husband like usual hated it. We got in a big fight about it and he finally said he would consider it. Every day I would text him things like Cora misses you (that's the name) or send him a picture of my bump with Cora says hi!!! I basically just said it a ton and he finally associated it with her. Idk if that would work for you or not. I'm super strong willed and both my husband and I knew who would win that fight LOL. If I were you I would ask him to do some online research and find some unique/non traditional names that he doesn't hate/likes. That way your not the one doing all the research and getting shot down time and time again. Then maybe you could have a list of semi traditional names that you like and kind of go down the list. I'm sure you'll find something soon!

I'm more of an unusual case. As soon as I got pregnant I told OH this baby was called Hana. He was like it could be a boy, but scan showed it was a girl and I got to do the whole told you so speech. However, since that day I've gone off the name and can't think of a new one I like. OH and I came up with an agreement that I'd name the kids and he names the pets , but I do ask for his opinion and he like none of the same names. My son wants to call the baby, baby so he's no help either -.-

I had this problem. I would suggest names, DH would say no, but not give me any other suggestions!!!

When I finally got upset that we have a girls name ready but not a boys and that it was making it hard to imagine baby as a boy he finally agreed that the name I originally wanted (Archie) was actually ok.

Now, he loves it!

I like or dislike a name instantly. I think a name has to grow on him?!

We had our girls name chose as a definite, but it turns out we're having a boy. I'm quite lucky in that we like all the same names for our little man though, we just can't decide which one to go with as there is a big list! :haha:
We have now decided to wait until he is here and pick a name from the list that we mutually agree on!

Ahhh... I know this feeling!

With my DS, we had a set month we were going to start TTC (we planned it almost 2 years in advance) so the closer we got, in order to keep my excitement and impatience about TTC to a minimum, I obsessed about picking out names. A couple months before we started TTC I had a long list of both boy/girl names. DH was pretty open to the girls names (we easily came up with a 'top 3 list' and had the first name chosen soon after) but boys names were a nightmare. He hated everything I picked out, but had absolutely no suggestions of his own. After nagging him for months, he finally came up with 3 names, 2 of which I didn't like, the 3rd of which I actually loved (Bram). Our problem though is that we come from different countries (DH speaks Dutch) so I wanted to find a name that's a compromise between both languages (Dutch / English) and that would be easy to pronounce in both languages (although I also don't like common names).

This time around, we've had a girl's name chosen for more than a year (different than the one we were going to use for DS), but no boys names. We both 'knew' from early on that this would be a girl (like a previous PP, bought pink clothes, etc before we had a confirmation on the gender). 20-week scan showed a girl (and we 'finalized' the middle name a week or so later) but we both think we should have a boys name picked out JUST IN CASE (although we're having a 3D scan at 30 weeks so hopefully we'll get really 100% visual confirmation of a girl, even though 20-weeks was pretty clear, I just don't want to be stuck without a boy's name). I have a feeling though that we'll end up waiting till the 30 week scan and if we do get the confirmation, we probably won't even bother thinking up any more boys names. We just can't agree! (and I haven't really found any names I "love").

Ah well... good luck!

I'm going through this at the minute & I'm nearly 30weeks!!! OH said I can choose the name as long as he agrees... I've been through 4 baby name books, written numerous lists and he doesn't like any yet can't think of a name himself. I've finally found a name I LOVE and cannot picture her being called anything else yet he doesn't like it. If he doesn't find one himself then he will just have to get used to the name I've picked. It's driving me insane, especially when everyone else keeps saying "what?! You haven't found a name YET?!?!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->