We complained about 'that' Doctor...

katy1310

Mummy of 1
Reaction score
You maybe saw my thread last week when the doctor said to me that Sophie's reflux was my fault for not "finishing her off properly" and for not keeping her inside me long enough and saying I hadn't done my job properly - all meant as a joke but in very poor taste!

Well DH was so angry he wrote a letter of complaint - I'd already been struggling enough as it was with my feelings over having Sophie so early - and the practice manager phoned us today. She has spoken to the dr and he is horrified to have upset me...he said in retrospect he can see he should never have said that, and he is very sorry. He wants to meet us to apologise in person and he is going to write to us as well.

The best thing is - we discovered today that this dr has a background in neonatal and spent a lot of time working in SBCU!!!!

Oh thats good, better to have it all out and get a proper apology.
I know its not nice that it was said to you, but hopefully he will be more careful about his jokes from now on! xx

good for you Katy it really does look like he is sorry. I am in counseling right now because of how awful i feel for having Michael so early, it is really an aweful feeling that i am not sure if it ever goes away

good for you Katy it really does look like he is sorry. I am in counseling right now because of how awful i feel for having Michael so early, it is really an aweful feeling that i am not sure if it ever goes away

:hugs: I hope you are ok...I went through a horrible spell not long ago but didn't get help. It actually happened a while after we got Sophie home. It really is an awful feeling isn't it? How is little Michael getting on?

:hugs: im ok i just need to see the psychaitrist to talk to him about this expereince its been so difficult and i want to be stable for when Michael comes home Michael is doing very well he is on low flow nasel canula's we are now waiting transfer to a lower level hospital closer to home, to work on feeding, he was off the cannula's yesterday for 13 hours :cloud9: then got tierd so they had to put it back on but its on the lowest setting, im so prod of him :baby:

:hugs: im ok i just need to see the psychaitrist to talk to him about this expereince its been so difficult and i want to be stable for when Michael comes home Michael is doing very well he is on low flow nasel canula's we are now waiting transfer to a lower level hospital closer to home, to work on feeding, he was off the cannula's yesterday for 13 hours :cloud9: then got tierd so they had to put it back on but its on the lowest setting, im so prod of him :baby:

Aww, that's great news! He sounds like he is doing so well - and he still has a little while till his due date doesn't he? Sophie didn't even try feeding till 36 weeks and was home at 39 weeks - once they hit 37-38 weeks there seems to be a big leap in their progress. Keep us posted!!

xxx

People don't think about how we as the mother feel about our body being the reason our little ones have suffered. My husband never bought me flowers or anything after the birth of either of our prems as you normally would when your wife has a baby. I made a comment about it, just having a friendly dig at him, he knew i was joking but he replied "when you do it properly i'll buy you something". I stopped dead in my tracks, put my face in my hands and felt like i couldn't move. I was gutted. He realised instantly he wasn't as funny as he'd thought and was horrified he'd hurt me but still...people just don't realise how hard it is. The logical part of my brain knows it wasn't my fault but i still feel guilty anyway.

:cloud9: well i am happy to hear your hubby wont make a comment like that again. well my little Michael has gotten off the low flow and has decided to do all his breathing on his own, only feeding now he is 35 weeks so we are working on bf or bottle whichever he takes, so proud of my guy:baby:

:cloud9: well i am happy to hear your hubby wont make a comment like that again. well my little Michael has gotten off the low flow and has decided to do all his breathing on his own, only feeding now he is 35 weeks so we are working on bf or bottle whichever he takes, so proud of my guy:baby:

That's awesome!!! It's great when they make big steps forward. The end is so close you can probably taste it :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->