We have our name...almost! Ideas please!

Samo

Reaction score
:happydance: DH and I have been throwing name ideas out to each other lately and I think we've finally found "the one"!! He is 99% sure this is it! :cloud9: The name we have picked is Akina! It's a Japanese name...i wanted a Japanese name as her middle (like me) but DH really likes it and we've both agreed it'll make a great first name!

We're totally stuck on middle names though! I thought maybe a family name would be nice...but really have no ideas from both of our families :dohh:. I thought maybe single syllable names would be nice? Anyone have any ideas for any single syllable names to use as a middle name? the ones i have thought of are Rei or Mei... I haven't run any ideas to DH yet though, and i know he will have 0 ideas! So I thought if i can come up with a shortlist...maybe one will stand out to both of us!!

:happydance:

I really like that name its really pretty, I think it would go well with mae as well. Dont you just love trying to agree on names!

What does Akina mean? Do you know the kanji for it or is it in kana?

Definitely depends on the kanji used!! My Brother and I have been working on different Kanji and have come up with a combo giving the meaning "Bright Flower" or "Cheerful Flower" :headspin:

That's lovely! We wanted to make up a Japanese name for our girl (if we have one) but just couldn't find the right meaning with a word that would sound good to western ears. Akina is lovely though!

That's lovely! We wanted to make up a Japanese name for our girl (if we have one) but just couldn't find the right meaning with a word that would sound good to western ears. Akina is lovely though!

Oh yes, it took a bit to find a name that would sound well to western ears!! My mother is a fan of the name Hana...but i can just imagine many people mispronouncing it as "Hannah" here in USA. Nami or Namie was another one of my choices!

Its a lovely name. We still can't agree!!

Beautiful name !!

I like the sound of it with rei !!

:happydance:

Wow what a beautiful name!

I think it would go very nicely with 'Mei'.
Here in China it means 'beautiful' :)

Akina Mei :)

Akina Rei!!!

I love this!!!! SOOOOOOOOOOO cute! LUFF IT!!!

Aww thanks for the reassurance on the name Ladies!! :hugs:

I thought we'd never come up with a name...but somehow one comes to you and you just KNOW that's the one you want! it's been a crazy feeling!

Ran ideas to DH when he came home from work today, he does like Akina Rei...and also mentioned Akina Maria (Maria is his mother's name). I'm still thinking!

Oh yes, it took a bit to find a name that would sound well to western ears!! My mother is a fan of the name Hana...but i can just imagine many people mispronouncing it as "Hannah" here in USA. Nami or Namie was another one of my choices!

Hana is good but I see your point, it's a bit annoying when there is a phonetically similar name like that. What does Nami mean? I've heard it a lot but don't know the meaning. We thought about including hoshi but it's just not a great sounding word. If we knew more Japanese we could understand better the different kanji readings which would help but we're not that advanced!

Akina Rei is beautiful....

But if he's thinking of Akina Maria-mayeb it's better to name her Akina Marie? It's almost the same but just rolls off the tounge better...:)

I agree that a single syllable name for the middle name would sound really nice and you have the first name starting with a vowel - so a strong sounding short name would flow nicely with it (I've been thinking about names for far too long!)

Let us know what you decide on! xx

Akina Maria is pretty but so many syllables. :rofl:

yes, lots of syllables! and our last name is 3 syllables as well! :rofl:

Peanutbean - Nami means "wave" (like ocean wave...tsunami ring a bell?). When you say Hoshi (star, right?), I think of the name Hikari (bright light), Hikari is nice!

Now all 3 choices sound good in my head, this is going to be tough! going to need DH home from work so i can ask him!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->