weak and shakey!

Carolina

Reaction score
Occassionally i get weak and shakey and have to eat loads of food. I feel like i really need suger and it takes about an hour to pass. I dont have diabetes as ive been tested for it quite a few time (and recently). I had 2 days ago and just now. It always seems to happen in the evening (ive had dinner and had cake for dessert) so its not due to a lack of food).

Has anyone ever had anything like this? Any suggestions?

Have you been checked? My SIL used to have something called hypoglycemia that sounds similar to what you are describing. Honestly though you are better off going to your GP about it, hopefully they can help you out :hugs:

oh and i feel dizzy and really thirsty when i get it!

Sometimes I get like that if I have not eaten and I get really really hot. what is your diet like...Do you eat 3 squares a day with some sneaks? Do you drink water?

I did have several episodes of hypoglycemia earlier in my pregnancy and it was HORRIBLE because it would always happen at work.
Now I carry little glucose tablets with me and water at all times in case it happens.
I make sure I eat really well before leaving for work, but sometimes you just can't help it and it hits you all of a sudden.

yeah i drink loads of liquids and had a couple of glasses of water last night. I dont tend to have breakfast a lot of the time but i had brunch and dinner and a snack and dessert. I eat healthy most of the time and my bmi is 21/22 so im a healthy weight....i do tend to get hot when it happens...thats strange! I will def go to my GP about it though! Thanks girls!

you should see your doctor to be tested for gestational diabetes. hypoglycemia and excess thirst are common symptoms. apparently it's very common for women so don't worry about it too much. if you follow a treatment plan you'll be just fine.

i get this loads and i know its when my blood sugar level has dropped, as i have tested it at work when it has happened. i'm not diabetic as i have been tested. think its just when my matabalism has realy kicked in. i always feel realy disorientated, shakey, hungry 4 sweet things, clamy and faint.
best to ask doc, but my guess is if u have been tested and all is ok they prob wont do anything. just remember 2 keep something sweet with u at all times. glucose tabs r a realy good idea as they work well.

maybe u need to eat little and more often to balance u sugars rather than eating a meal all at once coz what happens is ur blood sugars go up for a bit then drop after eating earlier on the day so maybe little and offer u dont have to eat crap inbetween meals but things thats last i.e porriage 4 breaky nuts as snack hope it goes away hunni xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->