Wean into..Cow Milk, Goat Milk, Almond Milk??

tattlebaby

Reaction score
Which type of milk will/did you wean your baby to? I was told goat milk is easier for baby to digest. Thus, transitioning to goat milk when weaing. But then I was never told when to introduce cow milk.

I'll be introducing cows milk as a drink from 1 yr but she has had yoghurt, cheese etc since 6 months

I'll be introducing cows milk as a drink from 1 yr but she has had yoghurt, cheese etc since 6 months

Thanks! I've been giving baby whole milk yogurt since about 8 months. Want to try cheeses with her now..which kind of cheeses are safe to feed your baby?

I just give her what we have which is generally cheddar or spreadable cheese. But after 6 months anything is fair game, if I ate blue cheese id give her that too.

Unless you have a reason to use something specific (like lactose intolerance or CMPA), then I would switch to whatever milk you tend to use as a family. Basically, whatever you do, I would be consistent, and you'll go through a lot of milk in the next few years, so it should be something you can easily buy in wherever you normally shop and can afford to go through a lot of. I wouldn't avoid cow's milk just for the sake of it personally, unless you have a reason to or you don't drink it in your house anyway. We fed dairy of all sorts from 6 months, including yogurt, all kinds of cheeses (didn't avoid any - cheddar, cream cheese, stilton, brie, goat's cheese, etc.). We never had any issues with switching to cow's milk at 12 months. If you choose to use almond milk or coconut milk or another non-dairy type milk though, just make sure to get the pure, unsweetened kind, as a lot of the big commercial brands contain added sugar.

Unless you have a reason to use something specific (like lactose intolerance or CMPA), then I would switch to whatever milk you tend to use as a family. Basically, whatever you do, I would be consistent, and you'll go through a lot of milk in the next few years, so it should be something you can easily buy in wherever you normally shop and can afford to go through a lot of. I wouldn't avoid cow's milk just for the sake of it personally, unless you have a reason to or you don't drink it in your house anyway. We fed dairy of all sorts from 6 months, including yogurt, all kinds of cheeses (didn't avoid any - cheddar, cream cheese, stilton, brie, goat's cheese, etc.). We never had any issues with switching to cow's milk at 12 months. If you choose to use almond milk or coconut milk or another non-dairy type milk though, just make sure to get the pure, unsweetened kind, as a lot of the big commercial brands contain added sugar.

Thank you so much for your reply. I'm only saying because my husband and I are both lactose intolerant, so we never really drink cows milk unless its an ingredient in foods such as ice cream or yogurt. We drink Almond Milk. But I think babies, so I've heard, need whole milk that comes from cows..I could be wrong. But I also want her to develop tolerance to all kinds of foods, assuming she'll be allergic like us will probably only make things worse, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->