Weaning and bottles

katy1310

Mummy of 1
Reaction score
We have started weaning Sophie a few weeks ago, just giving her a few spoons of pureed veg or porridge etc twice a day at the moment and she is still having bottles around 8.30am, 12.30pm, 4.30pm and 8.30pm. She has 210ml of milk each time - not sure what that is in oz!

I was just wondering..she was on this amount of milk before we started any weaning - should we still be giving her this amount or should her milk be reducing at all? How do we know when to start reducing her milk so she isn't overeating?

you shouldn't really need to reduce her milk amount as the vegetables/porridge don't add much in the way of calories to her diet. she'll know if she's still hungry and i'm sure she'll let you know, too.

We have only literally reduced alexs milk this week. Yesterday she barely cared for it, but we've not to worry because shes eating solids well, so we give her juice or something to keep her hydrated.

The whole idea of weaning is to move them from bottles to food.
So when she has a meal your supposed to reduce her bottles. Chloe and Jaycee stayed on the same amount of bottles with food for lunch and then after a week I dropped the lunchtime feed and gave them food, Then I started giving them breakfast and dropped the morning bottle and then dinner and dropped that bottle. This happens over a period of time though. I weaned Chloe and Jaycee at 4 months and by 9 months they were having 3 meals a day with 3 bottles in between, bearing in mind the twins never ever drank more than a 5oz bottle.. They got to a year and I took them off formula and put them onto cows milk which they have in the morning before nursery and when they go to bed. During the day is water or juice unless they ask me for milk..
Do it the way you feel comfortable. If you think she should drop a bottle then see what she is like for a few days. If you wanted to change her formula to water or baby juice for the bottles where she would eat..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->