Weaning at 17 weeks?

Lucy&Pard

Reaction score
Anyone wean at 17 weeks or a few weeks after? And what where the reasons and did it help at all?

There are actually quite a few women on here who have started to wean their babies at 4 months. From what I've read, mostly it's weaning to baby cereal for a few weeks and then adding other things gradually.

I started Chase on baby cereal these past few weeks and the reason being is that he's a hungry boy. He's consistently drinking bottles. The 2 hours inbetween during the day sometimes aren't 2 hours but less.

My other kids were started on solids at 4 - 4 1/2 months.

I started Skye on baby rice and breastmilk around 4 months, just felt that she was ready for a little bit extra, my son was also around them. I just gave her the baby rice at one meal for a good few weeks to make sure that she was ok with it. It didnt seem to make much difference to sleep etc, but she took to the spoon fine, and seemed to enjoy it.

I started weaning Jessica at 17weeks, reason being as it helps with her reflux. She took to the spoon well and enjoyed the baby rice. Only the past 3 days ive moved her on pureed carrots and seems to enjoy that too.

I started at about 16-17 weeks. Just a little bit of baby rice to start with

I started weaning Jessica at 17weeks, reason being as it helps with her reflux. She took to the spoon well and enjoyed the baby rice. Only the past 3 days ive moved her on pureed carrots and seems to enjoy that too.

Reflux? is that conected to projectile vomit?

Thank you girlies. I have a totally wide awake baby all the time he is constantly on the go. He cant roll over yet but he still manages to get himself under the tv cabinet. He wakes 4-6 times a night and I am totally shattered! Not sure whether weaning would help but people have mentioned it so I thought I would ask!

My 11 and 14 year old started with weaning at 4 months..They were hungry little tikes. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->