weaning from formula to cows milk

jellybean87

mum to 1 and expecting
Reaction score
dd has just turned one. We go on holiday in a fortnight and are going the make the switch to cows milk when we get back.

I don't remember what I did with dd1.

What is the best way to do it? Also how much cows milk does you 1yo drink? Dd currently has 8oz formula in the morning and 9oz before bed.

I've just started the switch and have been mixing the cows milk with his formula.. An oz a day so that in the next few days it will be completely cows milk as opposed to formula in his bottles. He currently drinks a 9oz bottle in the morning, 3-5oz in a cup mid afternoon, and 9oz at night. The health visitor came today and said to aim for 350ml of cows milk... But it's a bit confusing as another health visitor told me to aim for between 15-20oz. We've also started multivitamin drops as they recommend them now when you make the switch xxx

We did it gradually over about 2 months. Basically, I started with her smallest bottle of the day (which was the afternoon one she was slowing dropping) and gradually as time went on, shifted all the others to cow's milk as well. She really likes cow's milk and actually took to it much more easily than formula (no wonder, formula tastes awful!). At 1, she was having 3 bottles a day of about 180-210 ml. The amounts stayed the same, though over time, we've now shifted to just one cup of milk before bedtime since about 15 months. I think the key is to do it slowly and you can mix formula and milk if you LO isn't keen on the taste of milk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->