Weaning, milk intake decline

Farie

Reaction score
My LO is *just* beginning to get to grips with food, she has some weird quirks but seems pretty happy with it.

However she's got really fussy with her milk (during the day) and barely take 60-90mils a time (2-3oz)
Yesterday ahe drank 8z throughout the day 7am-7pm but overnight took 20oz :dohh: literally she'll take 6oz in one go 7pm-7am but during the day barely drinks.
Sleep wise she good at night, only wakes for food and goes right back to sleep.
She has severe reflux so has always drunk better at night when the acids calmer, but this is extreme!

Anyone?
Suggestions?
Has this happened to you?

When my guy first started solids his milk went way down, then back up again. Or maybe it was me that was feeding him too much solids, then backing off.

It went way better when I would feed baby his bottle then waited at least half an hour to an hour until I fed him his solids. Breakfast lunch and dinner I did that, and then gave him a bedtime bottle.

At this age the solids should be complimenting the milk, daytime would be an issue if she wasnt taking a whopping amount during the night :shock:

She may well just be figuring out her own routine and dropping the milk feeds where she doesnt want them. You may well find she'll pick back up and start wanting more milk.

:lol: I know, amazing quantity over night huh?!?!
Shes only taking tiny amounts of solids so I think you might be right about her just sorting out her own routine etc
Lets just hope she decides nighttime is for sleeping not eating!

My little one is exactly the same so I really wouldnt worry, he's 5months and I've started giving a little rice / apple during the day and I struggle to get more than 2 - 3oz at a time daytime, but he'll take 5-6oz before bed and then again at around 1am and again at 5-6am so he's getting around 25-28oz in 24hrs.
I'm really not sure if thats enough - tho he is gaining weight well so I suppose he'll eat / drink when he's hungry!

my 7 month old has been dropping his milk for a while... now i'm lucky if he takes 10-12oz in a 24 hour period. my HV said this is normal and just put milk into food like cheese sauces, milk on veg or yogurt ect

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->