Weaning question

1st_baby

So max has been eating solids now for 3 months and generally likes everything ..

I do have some problems with feeding him carrots or peas he hates them but i know he needs them so even 4 spoon fulls and im happy

But recently my dr told to start introducing meals ..so I went with beechnut brand who make breakfast jars , lunch and good supper

He loves the breakfast ones ( raisin apple and gronola ) and other ones like oatmeal and fruit and so on even one had eggs and ham lol

But when it comes time to supper which is meats, vegies and noodles he hates them all ..I tried hardy vegies(mixed veg) and he hates it .. I tried chicken noodle dinner and he hated it ..

Now my questions is should i keep trying to feed him his lunch and supper or is ok if he dosent want it? what age do you start forcing per say food with them forcing may nto be the right word but more like pushing :dohh:

I wouldn't keep trying to make him eat food he doesn't like, but it is important that he gets a balanced diet. Do you make some of his food? I find mixing things like apple or butternut squash in with other veg makes it taste a lot nicer and gets them used to the different tastes x

Yeah i make my own , Trust me Im not one to make him eat something he dont like im the same way with me lol I was thinking of mixing apple or other fruits with his veg mabey he'd like it that way

Anything is worth a try. I find sometimes Caitlyn will like somthings a few days later so I am quite persistant with her. She loves sweet potato, so I tend to mix that with most veg x

Grace loves cauliflower cheese and cottage pie and will often finish the whole jar but with a lot of other things like veg and bolagnese (sp?) she will only eat half a jar, if that and then refuse any more. You'll just have to figure out what his preffered tastes are and maybe mix them with the things he doesn't particulaly like?

thanks girls I am mixing apples with everything lol he loves those ..

yesterday for the first time he ate veg, spegattie and beef jar he loved it so much

Havent tried chicken yet the first time i tried he gagged lol

I think i once read that babies need about 20 tastes of something before they will eat it except sweet things of course lol

Just persevere

Yeah I will try to mix some sweets in with his veg ..but hes getting better ..if hes really hungry he eats the whole jar of anything you put in his face :)

I've given up trying for Josh to like chicken. He's had loads, but still spits it out and gags on it, then will seal his mouth closed. He really HATE chicken!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->