Weaning question

leeanne

Mom of 3 and Stepmom of 2
Reaction score
Did you try a number of veggies first before trying fruits?

The one concern I have is trying fruits too quickly and they obtain a sweet tooth and don't want their veggies.

With my other kids, I did some fruit first and they tended to be picky after.

Yep, we gave sweet potato, squash, and peas before giving any fruit. Hannah still likes her fruits better but she will eat most veggies! the ones she doesn't like we've found that mixing them with a veggie that she does like usually does the trick

When did you try yogurt Vickie?

3 days before she turned 6 months

Jasmine had applesauce first but I didnt really think about it... But she has been having sweet potatoe and likes that more then applesauce.

Caitlyn prefers veggies, but I think her first food was apple?

Erin seems to like everything veg and fruit but she didn't seem too keen on papaya today. We gave her carrot first and then apple. xx

formula and breast milk are so sweet though, really they should have sweet tooths before they're weaned!

I think we did fruit first and Alasdair likes vege MUCH more. Although he does love yoghurt.

we tried fruit and veges at same time. He is a lot more fussy with veges it's true, but I agree with BEtahnylee - milk is very sweet anyway!
I've found my LO doesnt mind veges if he can hold them, he just hates them all mushed up, which is probably how i'd prefer them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->