Weaning

Natalie&Karl

Reaction score
Hi Everyone! I decided to give Mia her first taste of baby rice yesterday. The reason i've started weaning is because she was guzzling 8/9 oz of milk every 3/4 hours and becoming a bit sicky.

Well, i prepared the baby rice 1 level spoonful with 60ml of her usual formula (finished breast feeding last week) and gave it to her after she drank her regular 8oz at 6pm and she nearly ate the whole portion!!! Ive read that when weaning its a spoonful here and there but she nearly ate the lot!!

Was worried that i might be weaning her too soon but she happily opened up her mouth and swallowed so think it was probably the right time - need some reassurance?! lol - thanks! x

I would say if she is taking it well then it's definitally not too soon.

I worry about if I will know when its the right time to switch them to something else. Everyone in my family tells me not to listen to the doctor, that they can eat foods alot earlier, but I worry. I'm a worrier :rofl:

Its only natural to worry as a mum but then again no one knows your baby as well as you do! x

Sounds like she needed it hun :)

no youre not weaning too early, she obviously enjoyed it too! if you have any more questions about weaning feel free to ask me :)

ok - another question. Since i have given her baby rice at her 6pm feed - she's seeming less satisfied with her milk feeds during the day... and seeming more aggitated than she usually is!

I was just eating a yoghurt and she starting making weeping sounds (like a little puppy) everytime i put a spoonful in my mouth - was very funny but starting to think she's demanding more food?

Is it worth trying to give her baby rice in the morning as well as the evening? If she doesnt want it she wont eat it - right?!

yeah i think you are right... try giving her some more babyrice in the morning. if she takes to that then in a week or so you can start on basic vegetables!

you're doing everything right hun

Awwww THANK YOU! Really appreciate it!! Just need reassurancse that i'm on the right track! lol. xxx

Every baby is dirrent, with DD1 she was on 3 "meals" a day within a monyh, & weaned @ 16 weeks.

With DD2 I weaned @ 14 weeks 'cos she was waking 2- 3 times a night for a feed. Once started solids settled, gradually increased every few weeks when she became unsettled @ night. Was uto 3 meals by 6 months.

Sounds like she liked it! My son was started veggies and fruits by 4 mons :o)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->