Weaning!

jemma193

Reaction score
Hi my LO was born 11 weeks prem and is now 6 months actual. I have started weaning her and was just wondering of anyone could offer advice. When I try feeding her I'm not sure if any is actually going in! She opens her mouth but most of it seems to be coming back out I'm not sure she has swallowed any yet! It says in the guidelines 1-2 teaspoons does that include the majority that ends up on her bib? I am trying her with veg and fruit purees and banana porridge. I do it twice a day at the minute. Sorry if I sound really stupid! Any advice would be appreciated

I wouldn't worry too much about how much she is eating just now as long as her milk intake is fine. At the moment it is just getting her used to different tastes and textures. Unfortunately with preemies there is very little guidance especially when they are small for their corrected age as my lo could never eat the amount suggested in weaning planners!

I went up to 3 small meals at 5 1/2 months corrected and made sure she still had milk the same number of times. At 7 months corrected I now feed her until she decides she doesn't want anymore and she now is down to 5 milk feeds a day. She is breastfed and probably had about 8 before. I have no idea if this was the right way to go but my lo is happy and still gaining a bit of weight so guessing it's ok.

Thanks for sharing this information 25weeker, we were actually planning to wean our daughter who is 4 months now (corrected age) and even pediatrician has asked us to wait for couple of weeks more before we start to wean.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->