wearing make up during pregnancy

CharlottePS

Reaction score
Hi. I am 18 weeks pregnant and I've been using make up to groom myself everyday. I use BB cream, lipstick, foundation and eyeliner. Are these products safe for the baby?:baby:

I think most makeup is safe during pregnancy, I've never heard otherwise. I've stayed away from it unless I go to work or have somewhere to be, just because my skin has been sensitive.

I'm sure it's right alongside dying your hair while pregnant, etc.

As long as you haven't had issues you should be fine :) There's a lot that people make out to be absolutely awful and that you can't enjoy during pregnancy.

I agree. :) Because of that I've been worrying about what I use. Even my deodorant.

I was that way with my DD. :)
It's not a bad thing to be cautious, if you ever feel truly concerned about something be sure to call your doctor, s/he will be able to completely calm any fears. :hugs:

I've never seen anywhere which states makeup is a no no. The only issue is that skin can be more sensitive. I really wouldn't worry - some scaremongers would have us believe that we can't eat anything, can't wear anything and can't breathe during pregnancy! As long as the make-up you use has met industry standards then I really wouldn't worry.

I get really spotty in pregnancy, I need foundation to cover or I'd look 15! While I'm more cautious of what I use when pregnant make up doesn't worry me.

Gawd I would look a right state if I went out without my make up :wacko: my skin has changed since being pregnant so I have just adapted my make up accordingly :shrug:

I'm not a scaremonger lol but I do try to use more natural products especially ones that cover my face (facial moisturizer, foundation) the biggest reason I'm a little more cautious is because I take natural topical progesterone inbetween cycles and I never thought putting a pea sized amount of anything on my skin could actually have an effect but oh boy it sure does...I noticed huge differences (positive differences) in my mood and my cycles/pain with cycles so I'm saying all of that to say this, if such a small amount of natural progesterone can effect my body in such a huge way then why wouldn't other things I put on my skin effect me?

Yep it's totally safe, don't worry! Only thing is I think with nail polish/polish remover you have to be a bit careful with the fumes (just open a window)

Quite frankly it would be worse for baby if I didn't wear makeup as I'd be seriously stressed the whole time, can't go out without it.

Make up is perfectly safe and i would look like poo without any haha x

I've never seen anywhere which states makeup is a no no. The only issue is that skin can be more sensitive. I really wouldn't worry - some scaremongers would have us believe that we can't eat anything, can't wear anything and can't breathe during pregnancy! As long as the make-up you use has met industry standards then I really wouldn't worry.

I agree!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->