• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Wedding beauty

emyandpotato

Reaction score
Just a few questions :flower:

First off, is anyone getting a facial before the wedding? My skin is looking pretty good since I became a Lush convert, and I'll be using every product I can get my hands on in the days before the wedding, but I'm wondering about getting a facial too?! I have what I presume are large, possibly blocked, pores on my nose and they bug me! They're not blackheads I don't think cos they're invisible to everyone but me, they don't stick out, and those Biore strips don't work. Buuuut I want to be perfect for the wedding day :shrug: Anyone know of a facial that will help with this?

Secondly, is anyone else getting a full body wax beforehand? I have NEVER done this and I'm very scared and I'd be so embarrassed but I don't want the hassle of shaving the night before on top of everything else. I don't know whether to or not :blush:

Thirdly, and this one is a bit weird, I don't know whether to get a tiny bit of filler in my bottom lip?!? Just a temporary one. My lips are quite small and I think it'd just give me a more doll-like face?! Opinions?

Oh, this is me, seeing as I am asking about my face :dohh:

579964_10152030334195541_1254632265_n.jpg

I don't always dress as a fox... both taken on the same day, honest :haha:

I didn't go through any pre wedding beauty regimes if I'm honest as I was worried that opening my pores would cause spots. You could always ask your beauty salon and see what they recommend as being best, I just got a professional makeup artist to cover everything up!

I'd go for a wax; I had my legs and bikini line done as we were going straight on honeymoon two days later and I couldn't be bothered with shaving!

I wouldn't get filler - some lip glosses give a pumped up look so I'd go for that. The last thing you want is for something to go wrong and you're going to have a lot of photographs taken that day!

Xx

I plan on getting a facial as part of my hen event so that will be taken care of.

I will not be waxing, il just have a shave that morning but if i were going straight on honeymoon i might consider it.

I agree with PP about not getting the filler, you dont want to look like Lesley Ash on your wedding day. Have a look for a lipgloss or a lip primer that pumps your lips out a bit, you still want to look like you.

I was thinking of all beauty regimes the other day as I'm not sure what to do, having a facial is great for my skin but it brings everything out so I don't know if its worth the risk with me!

Do lush do any home facial treatment type things, maybe something you could try now and see what it does to your skin, or even book in for a basic facial now and see how it goes!

Waxing again I don't know what to do, I've got very dark hairs on my arms and back which are on show in my dress so I really want that gone and the usual rest but I've had my legs waxed once before and it wasn't a nice experience haha! I might try out some hair removal creams and see how that goes!

I wouldn't go for filler either unless again it's something else you could have now to try before your wedding, I don't think it's worth the risk of it not looking right or just you not liking it!

Yeah I think I'll pass on the facial actually! Will just load up on face masks and make the most of the amazing bath in the bridal suite the night before the wedding. I'm not too bad with my makeup so I should be able to make my skin look pretty good even if it's having a bad day. Well hopefully anyway!

As for the waxing... I think I am gonna have to bite the bullet and get it done. I am just so scared! I'm not worried about the pain, but the sheer embarrassment of getting a bikini wax makes me want to cry! Oh well. Do they let you in if you're drunk...? That might be an idea. But yeah, I think shaving in the morning will make me stressed and grumpy so this is probably for the best.

I was thinking of getting a small amount of filler in in a few months to see what it looked like, and then again a month before the wedding. It can be really cheap as I want only the tiniest amount. :shrug: :shrug:

If you really want the filler then give it a try plenty of time before the wedding, I would go with whatever would make you feel your best. Like the others say I would pass on the facial as I would be terrified of being spotty on the day! xx

I have the same open pores across my nose. I don't know what to do about them though :shrug: think I might treat myself to a few beauty treatments between now and then. Should improve my skin a bit at least. I wouldn't leave it to a day or two before though. Like pp's say, it will open your pores and make them more prone to big fat spots, which no-one wants on their wedding day!

I'll be waxing...purely because I know I'll forget to shave. Haha! As for your 'under carriage', it's really not embarrassing at all once you're in there. It's so professional that you completely forget that you're naked with your legs spread and a strangers face just inches from your flower :rofl::rofl: but in all seriousness, everything you feel about it goes out the window once you're in there. Just do it! And if you only want your bikini line doing then you can ask for a pair of paper knickers, so there will be nothing more on show than what you plan to show at the beach anyway :thumbup:

I agree with the others on the filler. Is it something you'd do if you weren't getting married? If so, then go for it, but deffo have a "trial run" before. How long do fillers last?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->