Wedding budget tips please

shazney22

Reaction score
Can people give me advice on wedding budgeting. Thanks

Ebay!
I brought my flower girls dress there for £14 and its lovely :)

Can people give me advice on wedding budgeting. Thanks

I agree with PP EBAY!! it has been a god send for me, i bought 100 favour boxes for £10 (butterfly theme to match everything else) my flower girl dress i got for £4.52 when it came it was BNWT and had £120 with the tags on, have bought quite a few bits off ebay. Also not sure where you live but i went into the range with my partner to look for christmas tree's and found they sell wedding items, i got 4 button holes for £3.49 and they sell bouquets too. I'm making my own centrepieces so will hopefully add pics when they are done :) xx:winkwink::happydance:

I bought my wedding dress on ebay for only £60 from China (have heard a lot of horror stories) but I guess I got lucky, the dress was gorgeous!

We went to a wedding fair and talked to a photographer who was still at uni learning photography but it meant she was a lot cheaper, and photos turned out fab.

My husband is very creative so he hand made all the invitations.

We made our own flower arrangements and bought from supermarket the day before the wedding which saved a lot.

My mother in law made our wedding cake (she's a pro at baking cakes) so we got this done for free.

For decorations, we looked for deals online and on ebay.

Hope this helps :) x

There are some really good budget templates that you can download online.

I found one on google with an "estimated" and "actual" spend column and then it had sections for like clothing (Bridal Dress, Bridesmaids, Groom, Groomsmen, Accessories etc), Ceremony (Room Hire, Registrar Fees, Giving Notice etc), Reception (Room Hire, Decoration, Favours, Food etc) and then Other (Transport, Rings, Photography etc).

My husband and I sat down before the wedding and filled them in with what we thought we were going to spend - we started with an "in an ideal world" figure, which was shockingly high, so then we worked out what we could live without - what we could get cheaper online etc and gradually got the estimate in line with what we could actually afford. Then, as we were going along we filled in the actual column to see if we'd made savings (or overspent lol).

Like the other ladies have said, EBAY! We found loads of bargains on eBay.

Sit down and work out all of your cash going in and cash going out, see where you can make cut backs and work out how much you can save. Pick when you want to get married and see how much you can save before then. That is your budget.

Getting things online can save you a fortune, getting married out of the peak season will save you money too. Getting married later in the day so you only need to feed people once, make as much as you can yourself etc.

I got my dress from eBay for £87 custom made from China after I'd seen an identical one in Berketex for £1450

I had three flower girls and the parents of them were asking what wedding gifts we wanted I asked for them to pay for their girls outfits and don't bother with a gift. Things like that were amazing.

Also we got our actual venue package from groupon it's well worth keeping your eye on for wedding related goodies.

Decide what is really important to you and budget on everything else. Ebay is a very good place to start along with preloved sites, facebook pages etc. Don't be afraid to barter - people want your business and the worst they can say is no xx

Thanks everyone for the tips! Some great tips I didn't think of before! Much appreciated :) xx

Definitely decide your most important one or two things first. For us it was the venue, and the photographer. So everything else (food, who ever remembers wedding food? music, same) you can go for the cheap options!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->