wedding car hire

tinkerbelle93

2 little boys :)
Reaction score
Just wondered how much your cars are costing.. where/how to find good deals on this as it seems really expensive! xx

If you wanting a vintage car they seam to be around £300 but if your wanting something more modern its a bit cheeper. Iv seen them priced between £175-250

This has been a real headache for me. We don't want a vintage car but can't find anything we do like (that isn't hideously overpriced!!). So, we are renting a car on the cheap and asking my brother to drive me. Could be a total disaster (as we'll have no idea what state the car might be in, or even what car it'll be!!) but for a third of the price we really don't mind :thumbup:

I'm not having cars as everything's in one place but if I did I'd totally use these: https://www.virginiasvintagehire.co.uk/vespa_scooters.html :haha:

Wedding cars are expensive, but its one thing a lot of people need so they can pretty much charge what they want! Where I live, you can have a vw beetle (new one) for £150, going to £250 if you want something more traditional like a beauford or a bentley then shooting right up if you want vintage awesomeness like we did. Absolute blown the budget at £350 for our 1960's VW Splitscreen camper. In my defence, it was one thing my OH reallllyyyy wanted (and I loved it) so I let him have it since I've pretty much soured most of the other stuff :) xx

My fiance works at a nice car dealership and can get me a really nice car (although new and modern) that we'll just stick a bow on to make wedding-y but we'll need another 2 cars for bridesmaids. My fiance suggested just making them make their own way there but I don't think that's fair? He also suggested just hiring some nice cars on their own, sticking a bow on them then getting my brother and uncle to drive the bridesmaids in them.. but I thought everyone is already seated BEFORE the bride and bridesmaids arrive so I don't know how having 2 guests driving would work?? Ahh confused.

I'm not having cars as everything's in one place but if I did I'd totally use these: https://www.virginiasvintagehire.co.uk/vespa_scooters.html :haha:

Everything is also in one place where I am but I thought people got transport from home to venue? Are you just simply making your own ways there? xx

Hmm saying that I remember when my nan got married at a nice hotel, she had a room the night before in the hotel then me and the other bridesmaids made our own way there hours before the ceremony arrived and we got ready in the hotel room.. so maybe that's an idea, if the cost of having the room for the night is cheaper than cars! xx

I'm just having the 1 car, it will collect my OH and his best man from his Mum's and drop them at the church, then come get me and my bridesmaid and take us to the church, one the cermony is finished my BM is making her own way to the venue and me and OH are having some alone time in our wedding car - that was the only reason we got a wedding car, so we could take some time to ourselves. Otherwise OH's Stepdad was going to take us xx

I'm not having cars because I'm staying the night before at the venue with my bridesmaids, it worked out so much cheaper that way instead of having to hire cars!

My fiance works at a nice car dealership and can get me a really nice car (although new and modern) that we'll just stick a bow on to make wedding-y but we'll need another 2 cars for bridesmaids. My fiance suggested just making them make their own way there but I don't think that's fair? He also suggested just hiring some nice cars on their own, sticking a bow on them then getting my brother and uncle to drive the bridesmaids in them.. but I thought everyone is already seated BEFORE the bride and bridesmaids arrive so I don't know how having 2 guests driving would work?? Ahh confused.

Everything is also in one place where I am but I thought people got transport from home to venue? Are you just simply making your own ways there? xx

Driving down myself with OH and LO the day before, setting up, staying the night, getting married the next day :thumbup: Driving from Manchester to Yeovil which takes aaaages so don't think a vintage car is really an option :haha:

We used my MIL's Audi A4 convertible, it was brand new and white so just stuck a ribbon on it, we arnt really into vintage cars etc so was perfect for us, and our bridesmaids went all together with one of my BM partner driving x

Driving down myself with OH and LO the day before, setting up, staying the night, getting married the next day :thumbup: Driving from Manchester to Yeovil which takes aaaages so don't think a vintage car is really an option :haha:

My vintage car is not really a vintage car, its a replica built in 2009 :haha:

We are only having one car too. OH is driving his own car (it's his baby :lol:) with the groomsmen, then the 'wedding car' will take me and my dad to the venue, and my stepmum is going to go ahead of us with the bridesmaids. After the wedding OH and I will drive in his car and everyone else can pile in together :thumbup:

Getting a room the night before is without a doubt the cheapest and easiest option so if that's available to you then that's what I would do

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->