Wedding Dress Shopping

FAR

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm totally new to all this and was wondering if you could please help me. I'm just wondering about the etiquette etc of wedding dress shopping. Is it a faux pas to ask the shop the price range of their dresses before making an appointment [my mother thinks that it is, but surely it would just be a waste of time if I don't do this and it ends up out of my budget?]?

Also, how much time would you allocate per shop? I'm really fussy so I'm assuming I'm going to need to go to a few places, but as I'll have to travel a wee distance to get anywhere decent, I'd like to be able to go to more than one a day.

Thank you! :flower:

I'm not sure about asking the price range but usually when your book an appointment they are booked in blocks of 2 hours so you could maybe do 2 or 3 shops in one day! X

Oh okay, brilliant, thank you!

if you want to check the price range of dresses before you go, just ring up, ask and give a false name- then call back the next day if it's within your budget and make a first appt to try some on.

that's what I did :blush:

Hehehe that is a great idea, thank you!

Personally I would do no more than 2 shops in 1 day as its quite over whelming and you can start to forget what you've seen and what you like. Also spread it out and enjoy it too! You will probably need a longer appointment for your 1st shop then more like an hour for the subsequent ones, once you know what kind of dress you like and suits you. x

I asked their price range, what the point in going if you can't afford their dresses?! xx

Don't feel cheeky asking for them to reduce their price either. My dress was £1800 on the tag, and I told the lady my budget was £900 (that was honestly my top end), and she said I could have the dress for £900 if I took it away that day. It was a near on perfect fit at the time, but I lost some weight and it needed resizing which cost about £80.

Thats true be honest about your price range. i went in one shop and i was looking at sale dresses and she asked my budget i said £300 so she said if i choose any of the sale ones i can have it for £300 they were all around £450, in the end i tryed some of them on but when in the back i had a look at the full price ones i brought a £600 one :blush:

Yes, thank you, I will be honest with my price range. I'm finding it quite difficult just to find suitable shops to go to tbh. It is hard to tell from websites, and the amount of places I've phoned to find out the price only for them to be super expensive is crazy. I mean, I have nothing against people buying an expensive dress if that is what they want, but I just wish it was easier to find cheaper ones, lol.

yes be honest with your price range!
I went shopping for a dress for fun with my mom when she came over to visit me in London,no intentions of buying one as our wedding was 2 yrs away but my mom asked loads of questions about price,how long it take etc. it was a great practice run and I found the style of dress I want. We are going to actually buy one next summer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->