• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Wedding Rings

Lauren25

Reaction score
Where did you all get yours and your OHs wedding rings from and how much did they cost?

We were sorting out what we have left to do today and trying to sort the budget and when it came to rings I had no clue at all!

Share pictures if you have them :)

Also if anyone has any advice on OHs wedding ring, he is going to wear it all the time so needs it to withhold his job (a gas man) any advice on what's good and strong and will last?

Well you've seen my OHs ring. It's a titanium ring so is tougher than gold or white gold. And cheaper :lol: We just got it off Amazon. Mine was from a jewellers.

Il probably go for something like this, maybe just a plain white gold ring. My engagment ring is a bit busy so i dont want to add to much to it.
https://www.hsamuel.co.uk/webstore/d/8090238/9ct+white+gold+u+shaped+diamond+ring/

I think OH wants something like this

https://www.hsamuel.co.uk/webstore/d/9194142/men's+9ct+yellow+&+white+gold+matt+&+polished+band/

Mine was from a local jewellers who makes bespoke wedding and engagement rings. It was marked as £750 but we paid £675. More than what we wanted to spend on rings initially but we made room from it.
OH is really picky and if he had the choice I don't think he'd wear one at all, we've been to loads of jewellers and he hasn't seen one he likes but he doesn't want to spend more than £200 on his.

Pics you can see in my journal :)

mine is a plain gold band, i think we paid something like £20 for it from our local jewellers, my husbands is a gold tungstan lord of the rings wedding ring which we also paid about £20 for, we got his from ebay xx

Thanks everyone, all lovely rings!
We are hopefully going to a few jewelers this afternoon just to see what they have and different styles etc!

I was planning on getting mine made to fit around my engagement ring but now I'm really dreading the cost of that so I'm hoping some of the jewelers today might have something that will fit! Here's my ring, does anyone think I might be able to or not ?

https://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t60/sky_blue_princess/E8A9A2B6-7DB5-4AE2-ACC4-6182087BD5DA-744-000000CE9F69E380.jpg

I think you'll struggle to find something to fit it 100% but a wishbone style ring will probably be your best option. And the design can help a lot too. It's hard to find a wishbone ring picture that doesn't go into a point but this is the kind I mean:

https://www.gladstonesjewellers.co.uk/image/cache/data/rings/ws24_r1-157_2-500x500.jpg

My OH is an electrician so needed something tough, we went for tungsten just because he liked the colour of the metal and the woman at Ernest Jones said it was tough. Its been 6 months and it still looks good so he's happy with it. He paid £80 for his which meant we could spend more on mine haha I got a platinum ring with some diamonds in it (quite plain but beautiful).

Thanks everyone, all lovely rings!
We are hopefully going to a few jewelers this afternoon just to see what they have and different styles etc!

I was planning on getting mine made to fit around my engagement ring but now I'm really dreading the cost of that so I'm hoping some of the jewelers today might have something that will fit! Here's my ring, does anyone think I might be able to or not ?

https://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t60/sky_blue_princess/E8A9A2B6-7DB5-4AE2-ACC4-6182087BD5DA-744-000000CE9F69E380.jpg

Hi there, I agree you might find it difficult to get something to fit perfectly - I have one that fits my engagement ring; mine is a white hold band with a princess diamond.

I'm also from coventry...if you go to goldsmiths in town they offer a service where yo can design your own wedding ring which is what I did. They send off to a company with three rough drawings (they also send your engagement ring), then they'll give you three drawings of both rings of ether + you choose the one you want.

It cost me about £700 and I'm really happy with the product, it's what I wanted in my head but couldn't find in the shops!

You can also change tesco club card vouchers to use in goldsmiths + on the design a ring choice so it an cost you even less!! It takes about 6 weeks in total to get the finished product.

Xx

Also we got OHs ring from Ernest Jones in leamington in titanium for £110, it's a plain band. He also needed hard wearing as he's a baker and its been perfect. xxx

Thanks everyone!
I'm going to OH this week hopefully to have a look for him and I think I'll have a try on and look for myself! At least then ill know if anything would work or not and also it should hopefully give me an idea of what I want if I am to get it made I have no clue at the minute!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->