wedding shopping...

jenny82

Reaction score
Have a wedding to go to next month and am dreading it as I feel uncomfortable in most things these days.

Was doing a bit of a nosy window shop online and :-O

https://www.blossommotherandchild.com/collection/dresses/maternity_cocktail_dress/64214/

Its sooooo pretty! Pity I can't afford it though!! Why don't places offer maternity dress rental. Like someone would buy that to wear only once :(

dress is gorgeous but i wouldnt pay that either....ive been hunting high and low for a nice dress but there too expensive!!

xx

I have seen quite a few non-maternity empire-style dresses that were really nice. My friend who went to a function at 36 weeks (she was HUGE!!!) wore a non-mat dress that was BEAUTIFUL!!!
Good luck - hope you find something beautiful that you feel comfy in. I know before I got my mat jeans it was SOOO distracting feeling like everything was too tight and uncomfortable.

xx

wow, thats one expensive website. why not try looking for it 2nd hand

ebay maybe??

theres a dress on that website that looks lovely...but i wuldnt even get halfa me in there!!

xxx

I looked on ebay but they don't have any of that brand :/

Ach well, a girl can dream! Am going to keep an eye out for cheaper isabella oliver dresses, so fingers crossed!!

i dont know if you'll find anything...but....

https://www.asos.com/Women/Maternit...ning&parentID=Rf-100&pge=0&pgeSize=20&sort=-1

I have a long black maternity dress for sale in the buy & sell section on here. Could team it with a bolero/shrug top and some nice jewellery. It's incredibly light and comfy, with stretchy fabric.

I had a full on hissy fit on saturday due to the same problem - trying to find some thing dressy t wear to a wedding.

Horrible isn't it.

Not only do you have to abandon your own style completely when pregnant as you cant just size up clothes and maternity stuff is so ridiculously limited in style even if you can afford to spend hundreds on a new wardrobe - its all so dull and middle of the road.

I will say ASOS.COM had some nice maternity dresses and there were still a few in the sale a couple days ago.

have you checked ebay? a lot of people buy maternity things and use them once then sell them so they will be affordable and not had much wear. im sure you can find something :flower:

I love the clothes at ASOS. Just had a quick peak at some of their maternity dresses and they're gorgeous at cheap prices to xx

I was going to say asos too. I got a normal empire line dress from ebay for a wedding I went to at 17 weeks. Didn't have much of a bump at all then but it would still look fine now.

They had a nice maternity black cocktail type dress in the sale in Debenhams the other day - not sure if you'd want black for a wedding though....
If you've got time to look, they also have the odd nicer dress in new look maternity, I saw a maxi length one in the sale the other day which was quite nice.

Hope you find something, it's a bit of a nightmare isn't it?

Asos stuff doesn't tend to fit me very well. I bought a couple of their dresses and they just looked funny :/

I might phone a couple of dress hire places here and see if they offer maternity dresses for hire. I MIGHT get lucky..fingers crossed!

https://www.doesmytumlookbiginthis.com/category_Hire_maternity_formal_dress_hire_1.htm

Thanks - I saw that this morning, but I'm quite fussy and didn't like any of them :/

Damn me and my expensive tastes!!

That dress was gorgeous, I'm off to a wedding and I'll be about 17 weeks, have got an empire line dress which will probably still fit but I think it might make me just look podgy rather than preggers. I'm off shopping with a 'rich' friend this afternoon, hope she doesn't persuade me to part with more than I can afford!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->