Wedding today and just look fat

Amanda

Mum of 3
Reaction score
I've got a wedding to go to today - DH's cousin. None of the family want to go (even the bridegrooms father!) because of the family he's marrying into, and the way the wedding has been organised.

We still don't even know if it's a sit down meal or buffet! I've asked several times so that I know whether to take something for Charlie, but just can't get a straight answer.

It's miles away, so I'm driving obviously. I've given DH to permission to get drunk with my SIL who has just had a baby!! :rofl:

But to top it all, I have nothing to wear!:hissy: My normal clothes don't fit, but my maternity are all far too big, and definitely not suitable for a wedding. I have one dress that fits, and it just makes me look fat, not pg.:hissy: It's gonna be a long day.:dohh:

*hugs* Hope you find something to wear x

Oh hun :hugs: i'm sure you'll look lovely xx

Im sure you'll look fine hun. xxx

We've got my husbands cousins wedding next weekend. I got a dress a few weeks ago, just got a bigger size. Tried it on last night and i feel like a whale! It fits fine but makes my bump look big! So i'm not looking forward to next weekend.

Girl, can you run by a department store really quickly? Im sure you can find something from a Maternity store for fairly cheap that will make you look darling! Dresses usually just have extra stretchy fabric in the tummy area, so they probably wont look too big. Good Luck! Im sure you'll find something!

Well, a quick flick through the wardrobe and a manic rush to Peacocks happened an hour before we had to leave!! :rofl:

Luckily, the weather was gorgeous, so I got away with a pair of maternity white linen trousers from the last pregnancy, and teamed it with a lovely low-cut jersery fabric leapord-skin top from Peacocks. Even I was pleased when I looked in the mirror. The top was only £12 and it looked lovely and dressy, but will also work with jeans so it's something I'll wear time and time again. I was comfy, cool and felt pregnant, not fat!:happydance: I had loads of lovely compliments from the family about how I'd reached the blooming stage!!!!!:happydance:

All in all, the wedding was lovely as well. Not the tacky affair we thought it would be. There was a lovely buffet with loads of choice for Charlie, so he was happy. And the balloons and bubbles on the tables kept him amused all day!

Only bad thing was on the way home. We live in north Leicester, and the wedding was north Nuneaton. So it took us 45 minutes to get there. We didn't know the way, so followed the in-laws. On the way home, we were following them again, and we kept saying that we couldn't remember coming miles and miles on a country lane!!! (and it was pitch black and a really winding road!). DH rang his mum in the car in front, and yep, they'd took a wrong turn when we left the reception.:hissy: We ended up in Tamworth!!! :dohh: That's completely the opposite direction!!!! So, an hour after we'd left the reception, we'd come full circle and passed it again!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: We left the reception early (2 small kids needed bed) at 8.45 and finally walked in home at 10.20pm!!! :rofl:

Aww so glad you found something and had a fab time, any pics?

But you really don't have luck going home from places do you?

Oh dear hun, I know what you mean, its like the in between stage aint it? I am sure you will look lovely whatever you wear and show your belly with pride! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->