Wee update on Erin

clairec81

Reaction score
Hi everyone, just a wee update as its been an eventful summer! Well as you may know Erin is on continious oxygen at home after getting rsv in March and them noticing her lungs were still small. Her paed thought she was just needing to catch up as her lungs were affected after me having v low fluid from 19 weeks and PROM from 24 wks. Anyway she had an undiagnosed pda which was surgically closed last Nov (v scary) and so her cardiologist was concerned that her oxygen issue may be more to do with damage to the heart and that she may have the condition pulmonary hypertension. As any good BnB member i googled it and scared myself half to death. Her cardiologist was also very matter of fact and explained that this condition has no cure. Anyway it was arranged that she would undergo a heart catheter which took place on 3rd of August, it too was scary but more for the results! She was back up from theatre within 2 hours and looked happy and just like her old self - except a bit groggy! The cardiologist explained that she was fine, mildly higher pressures that responded to oxygen - basically what the paed thought and she just needs to grow. She's doing really well and we're hoping for no more hospital stays. I on the other hand have aged another 10 yrs during this process:haha: She is still v small but doing everything she should be and its funny how her weight is less on an issue as she gets older, she is just my brave little girl!

so glad to hear the results came back positive, it must have been relieved.

I know how you feel about having aged 10 years as I think I have as well over the past 19 months :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->