Week early arrival of my princess.!.!

Laraa

Mummy to a PrincEss.xxxxx
Reaction score
Loved my whole pregnancy..went better than i expected..1st baby so was very worried about the whole labour thing..so here i go..

Wednesday 30th Sept:

About 10pm me and hubby get into bed..laughing and jokin around then soemthin goes 'pop' before i know it warm water is running down my thighs..the look on my face made hubby ask 'wots up' i was in shock couldnt even speak then i said 'my waters have broke' He jumped out of bed panicing 'come on we're going straight to the hospital'
I got out of bed and another huge gush of water came soaking my pjs and the carpet..i began to get very excited thinking 'not long to meet my baby now' Also very nervous thinking about labour. Foned delivery suite and they said come in right away. So we made our way. Once we got there we were made to wait for a very long time before getting seen to. Finally after 4 hours of waiting midwife says i can go home..due to not having any contractions i was told to go home and come back friday 10am for induction. That was fine by me.

Thursday 1st Oct

By the time we got home it was early hours of thursday morning about 3am..had a shower and we went back into bed...about 5am i was awoken by the most wierd pains in my lower back..thought nothing of it and went back 2 bed.
Half anhour later was awoken by the same pain and thought theres something goin on here..woke hubby up and he then began to give me a back rub every time i had a contraction which was 20-30mins apart.
The contractions continued to come irregularly for the whole day..sometimes would be 30 mins apart other times would be 15 mins apart..By 3 oclock noticed they were 10mins apart so i foned delivery suite and they told me not to cme in and to have a soak in the bath..by which i had done 3 times already..by about 4o clock they were now 8 mins apart so i went into hospital..although the pain was bearable i didnt want to go in to late..went in only to be told to go home and return tommorrow (friday) for induction.

got home for 6..hubby made us something to eat..by this time contractions were still 6-8 mins apart so in between eating i was jumpin off my seat with pain..where hubby again would rub my back until pain was over..by about 7pm contractions were 4 mins apart so off we went to hospital..the same midwife was on duty and she practically looked at us with anger and said 'wot have u come for now' this really pissed me ad hubby off..she was actually the worst midwfie ever. by this point i was in so much pain with my contractions..i just could not take it..but found taking deep breathes through them helped alot. Aftyer examining me internally she said i was 4cm and again was told to go home..she said 4cm is along way away yet and theres no point u staying here..i told her i couldnt take the pain and she told me to take paracetomol..( which didnt impress me at all! )

Friday 2nd Oct
Off we went home again (12am) both of us exhausted due to not getting any sleep on the wed night. although both of us were tired could not sleep due to my contractions coming every 4mins apart.every contraction seemd to get worse and worse..i just kept looking at the time thinking how am i going to last until the morning(induction was booked for 10am) it seemed a long way ahead and i couldnt see myself lasting. By about 2am my contractions were that bad that i was literally screaming through them..hubby began to really panic now..i had red clots coming out of me and at this point i thought thats it im going hospital and not leaving until this baby is here. The 5min journey to hospital seemed like years..through every contraction hubby had to park up on the side and rub my back..the pain was now not only in my back but also tummy and down below..
Got to hospital literally crying..the same useless midwife was there and u could so tell she werent happy to see us. I told her im in agony and im not going anywhere until this baby was out. She examined me and said i was 6.5cm..she lead us straight to the delivery room..by this time it was about 3.30am. I asked for epidural and they said this was not possible as the anesthiest (sorry for spellin) was not available. She gave me gas n air instead. Gas n air was ok for the forst hour or so but after that was no use to me...i needed epidural but again they said it was not possible. Hubby stood by my side but just could not take seeing me in pain anymore..he broke down and said im going to fone ur mum now..and minutes later i could see my mum there also in tears..by this point they examined me again and confirmed i was 9cm..minutes later i was sorounded by 10 midwifes all looking at the monitor which monitors babys heart rate..babys heartrate had dropped tremendously and consoltunt was called in..immediate emergency section he said to my mum..so they wheeled me to the theate..where i was screaming away with these horrid contractions..minutes later i was given the epidural..and i cannot tell u the relief..i now had a smile on my face..hubby then came in dressed up like a doctor and sat by my side..he was still in tears and kissed me saying u nearly killed me 2nite...and i was like id love to see u in labour :)

The midwives kept saying baby will b here in a few mins..we got so excited and then minutes later we heard the most amazing cry ever..that just melted my heart..me and hubby lokked at each other crying and smiling away..minutes later she was given to hubby wrapped up in towels..and she was just the most alert newborn i had ever seen..she was looking around and doin the most funny facial expressions. All that pain had now been forgotten..it was worth it it really was.:cry::cry::cloud9::cloud9:

My little princess weighed 6lb 11oz.. born at 6.38am.. 52cm long..i will put her pic in avatar as i dont know how to do it :cry:

Congrats Hunny!! Get some photos up when you get the chance! Sounds like you did really really well considering the midwife was such a cow! Well done!! xxx

Sorry you had such a horrible midwife :hugs: but massive congratulations on your baby girl :happydance:

Congratualtions :hugs: :flower:

Am so sorry your MW was such a pain in the A**e!!!!!

Anyways.... I am sure its all worth it!!!! Hearty Congratulations ...... :hugs:

congratulations on your little princess.

What a horrid midwife :(

But a huge congratulations on the birth of your baby girl x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"