Weetabix and Toast!

taperjeangirl

Reaction score
Well seeing as we are only 1 day off 6 months i decided to try Daisy on some and she totally loved both!

She sucked the life out of her toast and scoffed all her weetabix, really not looking forward to her next pooey nappy though!

ahh thats brilliant:)

I wanted to start my lil un off weetabix soon.

I gave her teeennnyy tiny bit of toast with a teensy bit of butter once and she sorta gagged and that was a very very small quantity.

How did you cut the toast up and did you give it to your baby to hold- im so so scared of her gagging and just throwing up, cos my lil un has done it before with a tiny bit of rusk.

ps. my lil girl is 1 day older than your ickle un.

ahh thats brilliant:)

I wanted to start my lil un off weetabix soon.

I gave her teeennnyy tiny bit of toast with a teensy bit of butter once and she sorta gagged and that was a very very small quantity.

How did you cut the toast up and did you give it to your baby to hold- im so so scared of her gagging and just throwing up, cos my lil un has done it before with a tiny bit of rusk.

ps. my lil girl is 1 day older than your ickle un.

Hiya :wave:

I cut it up into 4 pieces, little squares so it was easy for her to hold, I was scared of her gagging too and sat so close to her just incase! But babys have a really good gag reflex so try not to worry too much!

I wanted to ask, do you feed her a bottle beforehand.

I think I will give the toast another go for her to hold. The weetabix is another for later. Ahh breakfast will be so much easier than faffing around mixing milk with porridge/rice.

I think with me, i just panic and thinks she will choke that I wouldnt know what to do. I mean, i know you tip them upside down and pat them, but its just scary.

Daisy has her first bottle at about 7am, then has a nap then when she gets up I give her breakfast usually about 9am

I know, I'm so rubbish at mixing baby porridge! I either make too much or too little then add too much milk!

The thought of them choking is really scary!

what milk did you put on weetabix? Did the HV say its fine from 6 motnhs? I might try my LO with some and formula maybe.

I give my LO toast spread with fruit puree (not butter) and i cut it into stamp sized peices. He is a bit older though so his pincer movement is probably better, but I feel less anxious with small pieces and its good practice for him.

Doc told me to be careful of baby getting bread stuck to the roof of his mouth more than choking - they cant get it off.

Aww bless her, Rihanna is the same age as Daisy and havent tried her with toast as im such a wuss. Might do though next week.

She loves weetabix though but its makes her poo's solid, like adult poop! (sorry tmi)

x

Gag reflex is good, stops LO choking. My mind was put to rest when I found this out, anything that is too big to go down usually comes tight back out of his mouth when he gags, so I tend not to worry so much about him choking anymore. (still got a gummy bear with no teeth here, so never 100% whether things are chewed enough:dohh:)

Gag reflex is good, stops LO choking. My mind was put to rest when I found this out, anything that is too big to go down usually comes tight back out of his mouth when he gags, so I tend not to worry so much about him choking anymore. (still got a gummy bear with no teeth here, so never 100% whether things are chewed enough:dohh:)

Aaaawww a gummy bear!! Too cute xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->