weight disorder

Nienna

Reaction score
I wasn't sure where to go with this but here seemed about best.

I am 10weeks pregnant which I am over the moon about but I know that I have to start getting weighed etc. I havn't been on a scales for 2-3 years as I had spent 10years with a weight disorder resulting in several hospital stays for internal damage (burning stomach lining and the likes) When I met my now husband he and my family helped me through and I ditched the scales (which I was using up to 7+ times a day) and got onto healthy normal food and a healthy normal weight.

I still lived on approx one meal a day plus nibbles here and there but it worked fine for me and atleast it was a meal a day but since being pregnant I have had the appetite of a horse (mum and oh think it's a sign I was under nourished) but with extra food and water retention I am having the odd breakdown on seeing my 'not yet looking convincingly pregnant but more looking like I ate all the sausages' appearance.

I was wonderigif anyone else here has been through similar with pregnancy and how you coped? It's really worrying me about weight check etc:cry:

firstly :hug:
im not sure how it works there hun but i only got weighed on my 12 week scan. and im pretty sure u can refuse to be wieghd too as they dont go by weight no more as people can loose put on to easily and it have no affect on baby.

just talk through it with ur midwfie hun im sure she wil be supportive enough to understand xx

Thankyou, that would be easier for me...I just feel I'm better off not knowing as the weight gain is hard enouh as it is! I can't wait till it looks like a proper bump.

bless ya hun...and yer it wil be ok hun the weight gain is hard to take sumtimes but just remember as soon as bubs is out ull loose most of wat u gained...ull have a belly in no time sweets xx

Hubby keeps reminding me that and what we have at the end of it too! I have planned to invest in wii fit for after also!

:hug:

I think you can either request to not hear/see your weight or to not be weighed at all. Good luck hun, it's really hard sometimes..

Thank you both so much, I have my first appointment with MW next wednesday so I'll have a chat to them about it and ask if they could at the least not tell me.

I am dealing with the weight gain very badly. :( It also doesn't help having a doctor telling you that you're gaining too much weight. Before I was pregnant I was very obsessive about my body and weight, and once I got pregnant I completely lost myself. I have stretch marks on my butt that go all the way down to the bottom of my legs. I have cellulite on my thighs and legs, butt, EVERYWHERE. You're definitely not alone. Try not to worry so much about your weight though, it will only drive you crazy, trust me, ive been doing it for 7 months. If you ever need anybody to talk to you can PM me.:]

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->