• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Weight gain and anyone else leak urine when coughing?

pradabooties

Reaction score
Hi all,

It's my last week in the second trimester! I haven't been on the forum for a while so have a few questions for you all

I'm 26 weeks and I weighed myself yesterday to find I've gained about 13kg (25 pounds-ish) since conceiving. I was a bit surprised because besides my belly, breasts and a bit on my thighs I don't look like I've gained weight at all elsewhere and have been (most of the time) careful of what I'm eating. Everyone says I don't even look pregnant from behind!

I'm about 5 foot 2 and pre-pregnancy weighed around 65kg (143lb), my normal figure is hourglass so quite curvy hips/breasts but small waist and slender arms etc, so I'm by no means a "skinny" person (and very fine with it:thumbup: ). But just want to know how much others have gained? And if what I've gained is technically high or not? Obviously it doesn't matter as long as bub is healthy but if it is high I would certainly be a bit more careful of what I'm eating.

Also, this is a bit gross but for a few weeks now if I cough, sneeze or laugh particularly hard I leak a small amount of urine - I have no control over it at all. It's not enough for anyone to notice but enough to have to go and change my underwear!:blush: anyone else have this?

I've gained 11 kg so far from my pre pregnancy weight. But only started gaining around wk 20 as I had MS in the beginning and lost 3kg.

hehe I tend to leak as well when I cough/sneeze, apparently pelvic floor exercises can help with this.

I am still too early to have gained much at this time, but I know for me it hits later in the 2nd trimester....sounds pretty normal for weight gain.

As for the peezing I do it all the time. Though this is more because this is baby #6 than pressure on my bladder, but I know that kagels can help that a bit. Completely normal thought!!

I was around the same weight gain as you last time i was pregnant at this point and ended up gaining around 35 lbs total. so I think your doing good. This time I have gained 19 lbs so far.
as for peeing while sneezing it has been a problem since day 1 in this pregnancy! especially when I had morning sickness and I would throw up I would lose control and wet myself like a little kid!! This also happened with my last pregnancy but it went away later on after having the baby! so there is hope hhehe

It happened to me last week (at 22 weeks) and I was thinking - not already!!? I'm more careful now if I have to cough or sneeze, to pre-clench those muscles lol!

I have gained about 23lbs which is high for me because I started overweight, but I've been eating well and at ease with the possibility of keeping a little weight on after he's born.

As for the peeing, I never feel it happen but it does! I wear panty liner now because of discharge and the random and unexpected leaking I keep having.. suddenly I'm like ohh jeez what's that.. Ultrasound has shown him using my cervix and bladder as a trampoline though so maybe that explains it a little...loving the panty liners though : )

Oh agree about the panty liners.....I never leave the house without one!!

Coughing/sneezing/throwing up = pee! Pantyliners are a must, and I keep an extra pair of underwear/pants in my car just in case I ever had a real incident :)

Hi all,

It's my last week in the second trimester! I haven't been on the forum for a while so have a few questions for you all

I'm 26 weeks and I weighed myself yesterday to find I've gained about 13kg (25 pounds-ish) since conceiving. I was a bit surprised because besides my belly, breasts and a bit on my thighs I don't look like I've gained weight at all elsewhere and have been (most of the time) careful of what I'm eating. Everyone says I don't even look pregnant from behind!

I'm about 5 foot 2 and pre-pregnancy weighed around 65kg (143lb), my normal figure is hourglass so quite curvy hips/breasts but small waist and slender arms etc, so I'm by no means a "skinny" person (and very fine with it:thumbup: ). But just want to know how much others have gained? And if what I've gained is technically high or not? Obviously it doesn't matter as long as bub is healthy but if it is high I would certainly be a bit more careful of what I'm eating.

Also, this is a bit gross but for a few weeks now if I cough, sneeze or laugh particularly hard I leak a small amount of urine - I have no control over it at all. It's not enough for anyone to notice but enough to have to go and change my underwear!:blush: anyone else have this?

I pee when I sneeze:blush:

I leak when I sneeze if I need a wee even a little bit! Ok when coughing so far!! As for weight gain iv put on 12lb in 23 weeks! More than I wanted really but just hungry all the time! X

Thanks ladies, I think its definitely time to buy some pantyliners! Besides the leaking the discharge has gotten pretty crazy these past few weeks! :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->