Weight gain and hormones

Mum_Of_Roodys

Reaction score
I'm 14+1 and seem to have just gained so much weight in this time .
I can't stop eating and I know I need to eat better but it's really hard not to just stuff my face constantly so it's getting me down a bit but I feel literally starving after a small amount of time 😩
Also I can't work out wether things have been really stressful or I'm just being hormonal lately but I seem to be seriously p'eed off most of the time and although I'm quite a hyped up person normally I feel like I've just been snapping a million times more then I normally would but I've had allot of stress put on me lately and i can't work out if I'm reacting normally or not to be honest :(
Anyone else feeling fat and confused ?? I just want to be happy and enjoy this pregnancy but it seems everything always kicks off when I'm pregnant

This is my fifth baby so I feel like I should be used to this all by now but I seem to be totally lost with it all :(

I'm 13 weeks and was freaking out because I thought I'd gained SO much weight. Turns out I've only gained about 2 lbs, I just feel a lot bigger. I feel like I'm constantly eating too, so I just cut down to smaller more frequent meals. Have you talked to your OB?

I'm worried about gaining too much, mainly cuz I was already overweight before I got pregnant. Based on things I'd googled, it's recommended to only gain between 11-20lbs. I talked to a nurse at my OB's office and she said as long as I don't gain too much and too fast, I should be fine. As of yesterday morning, I've put on about 17lbs in 22 weeks. I keep telling myself if I just cut back on sugary stuff, I'm sure I could probably just maintain my weight for the rest of my pregnancy, but I have yet to do that. Right now, I'm just trying to make myself feel better by telling myself that the baby, placenta, and amniotic fluid probably counts for like a couple of those pounds.

I've put on 9lbs so far . 2 of them being in the last week ! It seems the more I try not to eat the more I bloody eat ! It's so frustrating . I've battled with eating disorders and my weight for years it just seems to be getting worse this time around, I'm hoping it all kinda evens out by about 20 weeks but we will see . I just feel like a total whale right now :(

Weight gain is hard in pregnancy. I refuse to weight myself anymore, I'm a big believer in being healthy over being skinny, which I know I am being mostly. I've just about come to accept that weight gain is just part of pregnancy and to an extent, you can't control it. Yes, you can eat well and not over eat but you do just feel hungrier than normal and the weight goes on anyway as everything loosens up!

It's just 9 months, what's important is baby is healthy and you make it through pregnancy feeling ok. You can loose the weight afterwards when you are not growing a tiny human!

When I hit 3rd and started to gain like crazy, my mw said not to worry, even if I go over the recommendation. Her reasoning: so long as I'm making good choices, it's better to eat for baby rather than starve in the name of weight control. So I keep some fruit/nuts around and sometimes take larger portions of food at dinner if I can't get satisfied on what I've served myself. (I still let myself indulge on sweets sometimes though)

Sonny Thankyou so much you've really helped me :)
And I have been trying to go a little healthier I've struggled though because I've been craving chocolate constantly x
Thankyou all :)

All you can do is your best. I crave sweet stuff all the time, it is hard, especially when you are tired and really hungry! Not a lot to suggest other than willpower really and choosing a bit of fruit or a yoghurt for that sweet hit instead! I do keep one packet of chocolate digestive biscuits in my desk draw at work but that's to last me all week minimum and to share with colleagues. So really only works out at couple biscuits a day but gives me a little treat in the afternoon without being tempted to buy rubbish from the vending machine!

I've actually found in the last 2/3 weeks that I get full much quicker than usual. I think baby is squashing my stomach. My portion sizes have gone right down as I physically can't fit as much in withou starting to feel sick! I'm hoping this will help limit the weight gain a bit!

I've had to ban biscuits because I'll eat the whole packet lol . Over the last few days I've felt less hungry then usual , I'm trying to hold of eating unless I feel hungry .i just look at food and I'll be like omg that looks so good I need that now lol so I'm trying to hold off a bit more . I've decided I'm going to be strong today and get my hubby to hide the scales and just get them out once a week so I feel a bit less pressure and if I don't know how much I weigh if I'm having a bad "fat" day then maybe it won't be as bad and I'll keep my healthy diet in control a bit more . I'm going to start going on a long walk each day too because my excersize went out the window when I started working so hopefully that will help me a little to maintain my weight for a little longer and gain slightly slower .im feeling really positive about it today . According to my baby app it says I'm in the average weight zone for this part of pregnancy for my original weight even if that's the higher end . So I'm feeling happy with that and Ive got a whole healthier diet written up now so hopefully it'll be a bit easier for me because if I know I'm doing my best even with a few treats thrown in then whatever happens would of happens either way :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->