weight gain in first tri...

Ally2015

Reaction score
Weighed myself this morning, have put on 6 pounds over the last 12 weeks, which seems like a lot?

Im quite small and petite and my weight before pregnancy was just sitting on the healthy weight for my height and age, any less and i would have been classed as underweight.

I've not been exercising either, before pregnancy i was running a lot, but i haven't been doing that due to cramps.

anyone else put on similar weight to me??

Weight gain in first tri can be really common as a lot of it is water retention rather than weight gain if that makes sense, try not to worry xx

During 1st tri I was going to.the gym 5x a week. Running 3x 5k distances a week. I still gained 5lbs. Don't worry about it too much.

I had to stop going to the gym at 31 weeks (doc advised) but until then I on average went 4/5x a week, doing less diatance but still running. I'm nearly 3 stone up.

Some people just gain weight easy

During 1st tri I was going to.the gym 5x a week. Running 3x 5k distances a week. I still gained 5lbs. Don't worry about it too much.

I had to stop going to the gym at 31 weeks (doc advised) but until then I on average went 4/5x a week, doing less diatance but still running. I'm nearly 3 stone up.

Some people just gain weight easy

wow! can't believe how active you were in first tri! i feel lazy now haha.
I've just been doing walking, but i think i will start going to my gym stretch class.
Thank you x

I gained about 5lbs. I actually had gained 6 lbs by 7.5 weeks so I embarked on a super healthy diet and daily exercise routine and I only lost 1 lb. I don't even know how I gained the 6lbs because I was not eating any more than normal. I'm hoping its water weight. Whats even worse is when I told my mom, she said she didn't gain anything until almost 20 weeks.

With son, I was overweight and lost 5 lbs in first tri and was 22ish weeks before gaining anything. Only wound up gaining 16 lbs in total.

Between my pregnancies, I lost 70 lbs and have been much healthier in eating and exercise. And son far I've gained 12 lbs :dohh: Each pregnancy and circumstances are different. I put on 6lbs in 5 days in just water weight...once baby is born, it will come back off (some people have trouble losing but the water weight will come off almost immediately).

Try not to worry too much about it hun (easier said than done, I know). Your body is simply storing what it needs for baby

Iv gained so bloody much, nearly 15lbs. And I'm 7.5 weeks. This exactly the same as my failed twin pregnancy.

With my son and daughter I didn't gain at all I'm first tri, infact with my son I lost 9lbs (onto of the standard pregnancy weight) - mainly because of gestational diabetes and following a carb free diet. X

Iv gained so bloody much, nearly 15lbs. And I'm 7.5 weeks. This exactly the same as my failed twin pregnancy.

With my son and daughter I didn't gain at all I'm first tri, infact with my son I lost 9lbs (onto of the standard pregnancy weight) - mainly because of gestational diabetes and following a carb free diet. X

I'm right there with you on the 15lb weight gain! :cry: I honestly look 4-5mths pregnant already!! To the point mums up the school are saying, wow..I didn't know you were pregnant!

With both boys I didn't gain at all in first tri. My second son I ended up 21lbs lighter than at the start of the pregnancy.

The huge weight gain is quite gutting, but just taking it as it comes.

Weighed myself this morning, have put on 6 pounds over the last 12 weeks, which seems like a lot?

I've already put on nearly half of that by 6 weeks! Its mostly boob and some water retention. I usually retain water before AF and it's not gone away. I too was at the lower weight for my age and height, I've been soooo hungry I can see myself putting on some fat too. I have quite a high muscle mass to begin with so my metabolism has just hit the roof!

Well i guess we just have to let our bodies do what it needs too! I am constipated too, which really doesn't help!! Feel so bloated and bunged up.

Wishing all you ladies wonderful pregnancies- i am just going to try and get more active and cut down on the carbs and chocolate!

x

I've already gained 7 lb, maybe more! I feel so huge and all my shirts are short and tight already! I'm so confused and disgusted with myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->