weight gain in my LO- ok?

dizzymeg

Reaction score
Hi all
My LO was born at 2280g, then that went down over a day 10 period to 2055, and he was weighed 2 days later at 2200, and today ( 2 days later) at 2220- is 20g increase ok? I know up is the main thing, but just checking!
thanks
x

They should lose weight in the first two weeks to make their weight increase greater. Chloe lost weight but Jaycee maintained her weight which meant Chloe gained weight fast whereas Jaycee just had little weight gains. I dont use grams I used pounds and ounces so I dont really know hun

It is very common for the new borns to loose weight, it is the fluids which they loose in the initial days and later make it up as they are fed (either by IV or oral means). My LO was 880 grams at birth and in a weeks time she was 690gms and she gained by days and now she is 15 days old (corrected 4 months old) and she now weights 3 kgs.

Keep a track if your LO looses weight continuously; then the pediatrician needs to know this.

Your baby will probably start to put more soon. Connor would put on between 20g to 40g on 2 days, he did do 100g in 3 days when he had breast milk fortifier on a lot of feeds in that period.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->