• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Weight Gain/Loss During Pregnancy

FaithnHope41

Expecting Baby #3
Reaction score
Hi girls!

Had a check up today with my OB and I lost a pound and a half over the last two weeks. My total weight gain with this pregnancy has been very low, only gaining a total of now 8 pounds after dropping from 9.5. Doctor wants me to have a scan to make sure baby and everything is looking fine. Says my measurements on my stomach are right on, but I may just have a smaller baby this time. I'm eating normal foods, probably even eating more carbs than the norm right now, so I can't really change my diet up to add more pounds to the table.

Have any of you gained little weight like this this far into pregnancy? I'm actually just a tad nervous now thinking back to my pregnancies with my other two kids I was up 20-30 pounds by now.

I tried to make light out of it and asked the doctor why my weight can't be like this when I'm not expecting lol

Just praying all is okay. I want my baby to be healthy when he/she is born in November.

Where I am in the UK they don’t check our weight during pregnancy so I have only weighed myself once lol!
By 30 weeks I’d gained 18lbs, and I mentioned this to my midwife and she said that’s average but they don’t like to put pressure on pregnant ladies and their weight so they don’t take notice.
As far as I thought the baby just takes what they need from you when you eat, didn’t think your weight gain would influence babies weight unless you were seriously undereating and not getting enough nutrition.
Maybe baby is a lovely size & you are going to fit back into pre pregnancy clothes soon after delivery hun haha x

I think as long as you are eating a good diet it's probably fine and baby is getting the nutrients they need. Measuring on track is a good sign too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->