Weight Gain...or lack of it....

Mervs Mum

Doula & Mum of 3!
Reaction score
Hi Girls

I have my NT scan tomorrow and I'm now 13 wks.

I just wondered how everyone else was/is doing in terms of weight gain??

I have definately changed shape - my boobs have gone up about 1 and a half cup sizes and my tummy is more prominent than usual - esp in when I need a wee obviously.

However, I havent gained a single pound. :( Not one.... I am probably a stone / 14lbs over weight since my wedding and Christmas but I havent gained anything since the day I got my BFP.

Should I be concerned at this point??? How did you compare at 13 weeks???

Any feedback greatfully received!!

x

I didn't gain any weight for the first trimester but from March to April I put on 10 pounds :shock:

TBH I haven't braved the scales since I got my BFP, although I'm pretty sure I haven't put any extra weight on - yet!!

My stomach is a bit more prominent but I'm still in same bras (boo!) and pre-pregnancy clothes. I was a bit overweight before I got pregnant (about 10lbs), I don't know if that's got anything to do with it?

xx

TBH I haven't braved the scales since I got my BFP, although I'm pretty sure I haven't put any extra weight on - yet!!

My stomach is a bit more prominent but I'm still in same bras (boo!) and pre-pregnancy clothes. I was a bit overweight before I got pregnant (about 10lbs), I don't know if that's got anything to do with it?

xx

This is what I was wondering - I didnt eat much for about 2 weeks when I was feeling nauseous so I wondered if I lost fat then but gained baby weight and maybe the two cancelled each other out - if that makes any sense at all!!!
x

Might well be...I was the same, I hardly ate a thing (or kept anything down) when I had bad MS, although have more than made up for it now :lol:

I'm looking forward to actually looking pregnant as opposed to looking a bit chubby!!

xx

A few people i know have lost weight in the first tri as they have had bad mornng sickness/nausea, i had the opposite with no nausea and sickness but an increase in appetite and gained about 10lb! Everyones different, i wouldn't worry if your MW/doctor ok with everything

I wouldn't worry to much... Ive gone from a 34D cup to 34F and still in a size 8 and only gained 2 pounds so far and im 17 weeks. Think the 2 pounds may be because of my boobs. but ive just got a little pot belly thats it but when i had the scan the other day baby was right size.

Midwife had to remind me though that in the next few weeks it will increasing quicker etc. so im not complaining to much as by the end i prob be the size of a whale. :wacko:

Thanks Ema!

Your fella must be well chuffed!! Still a size 8 and packing 34Fs!!! :rofl:

I think I'll feel better in the morning once I've seen everything is still ok...[-o<

x

I've gained more with this pregnancy at this stage then I did with my prior pregnancies.

I don't eat much more than I did while not pregnant and no cravings so I can't believe I've already gained 17 lbs. I think my weight has slowed down quite a bit in the last two weeks.

:hugs:

I lost weight even though I eat more lol! I dont know where it is all going?

as long as you're eating OK I wouldnt worry.
I piled on the weight from day 1! everyone is different...watch out or it might just catch up with you!!
I'm almost 2 stone heavier now at week 26!hehehe

2 stone :shock: Oh my giddy aunt!! I think I put about 2 stone on last time actually. I just thought it started sooner than this....:shrug:

Oooh thank you, someone like me!!! I´ve got bigger boobs and quite a sizeable bump but I´ve only put on about 1 kilo. I dread my midwife weighing me cos I know that she´s going to ask me if I´m sure I´m eating (yes I am!!!).

My bbs have gone from a 32A to a 38B!!! Love it and so does my DH. :rofl:

If you were underweight before you got pregnant, you would show alot earlier + gain more weight. If you were overweight before you were pregnant, it will take more time to start showing and more time for you to gain weight, generally. I wouldn't be concerned, I gained more than my fair share, and at 13 weeks lots of people haven't gained a pound. :hugs:

2 stone :shock: Oh my giddy aunt!! .:shrug:

yea...cheers...:rofl::rofl:

i'm convinced it doesnt look like 25 lbs though....perhaps beyond my bump something hideoius is going on at the top of my legs!?! BUt as I can't see ...ignorance is bliss:rofl::rofl::rofl:

really though, i cant see where its all gone. i think baby must have heavy bones...

My SIL put 5 stone on with her last baby! Lost it all afterwards though. Maybe I'm trying to beat her record without noticing..hehehe

I've gained more with this pregnancy at this stage then I did with my prior pregnancies.

I don't eat much more than I did while not pregnant and no cravings so I can't believe I've already gained 17 lbs. I think my weight has slowed down quite a bit in the last two weeks.

:hugs:

I cant believe it, i have only gained 2 pounds is this enough?????

sarah

ive gained just under a stone which im pleased about,not too much but then not too little either.

i think that all my weight is my belly it doesnt seem to of gone anywhere else.

is a stone ok at nearly 25 weeks?

I've finally put 1lb on!!! I've weighed myself for the last 2 days and it seems to have stayed on.

x

Thanks Ema!

Your fella must be well chuffed!! Still a size 8 and packing 34Fs!!! :rofl:

I think I'll feel better in the morning once I've seen everything is still ok...[-o<

x

:rofl: he is....im not i think if i stand to long i may just fall over. And im buying new bras every couple of weeks cause i have dreams of them getting so big and dropey that i can tuck them in my socks!! Hopefully they will stop before that and i might just get away with tucking them in my pockets :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->