weight gain :/

mummy2one

DS (8) OH (34) ME (30)
Reaction score
Hi ladies Im wondering if my weight gain is normal Ive gained 6lbs so far and have a high bmi anyway without been pregnant. The consultant im under has not mentioned weight gain to me in the appointments Ive had so far but Im a little bit worried 6lbs is too much :wacko:

Any advice?xx

Only your doctor will be able to tell you how much weight you should gain in your pregnancy, but 6 lbs is likely not too much. I think most women are told to gain somewhere around 20-25 lbs. I'm 30 weeks and I've only gained 7.

Only your doctor will be able to tell you how much weight you should gain in your pregnancy, but 6 lbs is likely not too much. I think most women are told to gain somewhere around 20-25 lbs. I'm 30 weeks and I've only gained 7.

Thanks hun think Ill try get an appointment to speak to the doctor about it to put my mind at ease x

I have a high bmi too. My first pregnancy I was told to gain 15 lbs. So 6 lbs to that estimate isn't bad at all, especially since you're more than halfway done. Most women are told 25-35 pounds. Either way, I don't think 6 lbs is bad at all.

Now me, I've gained 24 lbs and I'm only a bit over 16 weeks. It's really bad. I can't stop eating and my university doesn't offer many healthy options. I have no idea what I'm to do, lol.

I don't think 6 lbs is bad at all. Just eat healthy and stay hydrated your body will hold onto what it needs. If you're concerned talk to your doc though. :)

6lb is great for your stage!!im at 10lb at 22 weeks!

I've gone from 7 stone 12 to 9 stone! Depressing lol

6 lbs is reasonable! Baby, placenta, extra blood circulating etc. weighs *something* and water weight can happen quickly and be a few pounds by itself. There night not be an extra ounce of real "fat" in that 6 lbs, I think even the doctor couldn't say it's unreasonable! If everything seems good and healthy, I'm sure it is! :D
I'm at 15 lbs gained already (21 weeks) and I kinda have the same worry and convinced myself I am JUST FINE :)

Sounds like you're doing totally fine with the weight gain. You've probably actually lost a couple pounds when you subtract what the amniotic fluid, uterus, extra blood and breast tissue, and baby weigh. I've gained 10 lbs and I'm 24 weeks today. My OB, midwife, and perinatologist all say that's perfect. I started this pregnancy at a BMI of about 32-33, size 16. They've said that I've gained at a healthy rate and it's a very normal amount for this point. You've gained far less than me, and are ahead of me week-wise, so I'd say not to worry at all!

6 lbs is reasonable! Baby, placenta, extra blood circulating etc. weighs *something* and water weight can happen quickly and be a few pounds by itself. There night not be an extra ounce of real "fat" in that 6 lbs, I think even the doctor couldn't say it's unreasonable! If everything seems good and healthy, I'm sure it is! :D
I'm at 15 lbs gained already (21 weeks) and I kinda have the same worry and convinced myself I am JUST FINE :)

Me too! 15 lbs, 21 weeks.. just decided I should probably start using a calorie tracking app only cause I'm a bit out of control!! I WISH I have only gained 6 pounds at this point.;)

When is it you really put on any weight? I'm about 16 weeks and am actually a little less than I was at booking but my bmi was 32 so obviously I don't want to be gaining.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->