Weight Loss Buddy?

WendyG

Mother of 1 Little Boy
Reaction score
Hi all! My name is Wendy and I just gave birth to the most beautiful little boy 13 days ago. Prior to pregnancy I weighed around 135 lbs and I gained a massive 60 lbs while pregnant! Almost 2 weeks after the birth I have 50 lbs to lose before I reach my goal weight of 130.

I've never been on a diet before or exercised before so I'm really unsure of where to start or what to do. I'd love any help or links to websites that might help me get the basics. Above all, I'd love to find someone in a similar situation who would like to share experiences and motivate each other!

Hey WendyG, congrats on little Darwin James, hope you're getting on ok!

I think I put on around 4 stone (56 pounds) and want to get back to 10 stone ish (140/142 pounds). I had a forcep delivery with episiotomy so feeling pretty sore so can only manage the odd little walk at the moment. I jumped on the scales when little Ben was 1 week old and had lost over a stone (about 17 pounds) so will weigh again each Wednesday. I've got my bro's wedding mid October and can't buy anything to wear yet!

Its probably best to google exercise/diet programmes for after pregnancy or speak to your health visitor or doctor - just to make sure you're doing what's right for you and your body. Are you breastfeeding?

X

Congrats to you as well! I know what you mean about feeling sore although I think you are a little worse off than me. I avoided forceps but did get a second degree tear during delivery and have stitches so will need to take it easy for a bit yet. Luckily I'm not overly sore from the stitches and the swelling has gone down quite a bit.

Yes, I am breastfeeding! I have heard that it helps you lose weight faster so I'm really hoping that's true.

I think I might start out with walking for 20 mins a day and see what that does for me. I don't want to overdo it and hurt myself!

Walking for 20mins a day together with breastfeeding has got to be good for you!

I got on the scales yesterday and had lost 8lbs so I'm really pleased with that especially as I haven't been walking much - that's got to be normal appetite back (well ish!) and breastfeeding! So about 32lbs to go now, wondering when I'll hit a plateau (sp?) and then the hard work begins?

How you getting on?

I've lost an additional 5 lbs since I posted last and have 45 lbs to go now! I seem to be averaging a pound a day, sometimes two! I haven't even started the exercising yet but it's because I started bleeding bright red again (which according to the doc means I'm overdoing it physically) so increasing activity isn't a good idea just yet for me.

I was doing a lot of heavy lifting and major housework which is probably what made me overdo it so I guess I'll have to take it even easier than I had been for the next while. I'm still hoping to do some slow walking on the treadmill for 20 minutes, just really really slow!

Great to hear you've been doing well! You weigh yourself once a week right? I'm thinking of changing from daily to once a week so I'll hopefully see bigger numbers (like 8lbs instead of one pound to two pounds a day).

Yes you must take it easy and rest for the time being - NO HEAVY LIFTING!!

I think you see better results weighing weekly rather than daily and sounds that you're doing really well too :) I'm looking forward to swimming again (once all healed down below) to sort out my saggy tummy..so attractive!

Totally agree on the saggy tummy! Mine is pretty darn saggy and I hate it! I hope it sorts itself out and I don't have permanent sagging. I just did 30 mins on the treadmill at a really slow speed and I feel pretty good afterward. No pain or anything and it was nice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->