Weight loss tips - Biggest loser contest

daneuse27

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I'm entered into a Biggest Loser contest against other Moms in my town. The mom who loses the most weight by Aug. 26th wins a huge cash prize. I'm very determined to win! :happydance:

Problem is, I don't have much time to do much working out.

So I'm wondering if anyone has weight loss ideas that don't involve exercise. I can probably go for a run here and there, but it won't be often.

Would fasting the day before the final weigh in be a good idea? Is there a good form of calorie-burning exercise I could do at home while LO is sleeping?

Any help is appreciated! :flower:

Fasting just before weigh in might make you seem lighter but won't lose weight in the long run. I lost 20lb by using Jillian michaels 30 day shred DVD for 20 minutes every few days and also limiting my calories. My fitness pal is a great app for this. Good luck!

Up your protein intake lower your carbs, drink loads or water & green tea, limit caffeine & fussy drinks (limit your diet drinks they can cause water retention), replace sugar with a sweetener (don't over use it). If you want to fast try the 5:2 diet while sticking to 1200-1300 kcal on none fasting days.

Use my fitnesspal to track your calories.

I second the 30 days shred (you can find it on YouTube) in addition to walking or Zumba (you can buy a DVD or look on YouTube)

Good luck xx

You'll probably lose a good amount without exercise anyway as it only contributes to 5-10% of weight loss and the rest is purely diet.

I second myfitnesspal and 30 day shred. 30 day shred only takes 25ish minutes to do and is really good.

Fasting just before weigh in might make you seem lighter but won't lose weight in the long run. I lost 20lb by using Jillian michaels 30 day shred DVD for 20 minutes every few days and also limiting my calories. My fitness pal is a great app for this. Good luck!

Thanks! Im not worried about how much i lose in the long run though, this is all about winning the contest ;)

But thanks for the 30 day shred recommendation, Ill definitely look that up!

I still breastfeed my 9 month old, so Im worried about fasting as it could result in lack of retained nutrients for me...

Most of weightloss is diet anyway. My doctor's advice to me was this-

Start a low carb diet. Protein fills you up and will keep you from feeling hungry.
Don't drink your calories (no juices or sodas).
Stay away from grapes and bananas and other high starch fruit.
If you need a chocolate fix, go with dark chocolate and a small portion.
Drink plenty of water.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->