**weight related** Do you ever get the......

Mamafy

Mum to 5 & Angel Mum to 4
Reaction score
.....impression people want you to fail? :(

I'm sure you all know how I've spoke of my mil :roll: she has always been quite cutting towards me when I've put on weight :grr:

Anyway in the last few weeks she has been complimenting me on my weightloss :shock: she reckons she has seen a big difference blah blah blah, 'cant get over my stomach' aparently :roll: anyway I was taking it all well thinking she just thought I looked good and was happy for me :dohh: NOT!

Yesterday she came into our house at dinner time and it was Saturday so the kids were having a treat (pizza & wedges & salad), my oh was having steak and she seen his empty plate and said "oh you had a chinese, you've broke your diet" I said " no thats steak " she said " oh you had steak did you? " and I said "no thats ******, I'm having a weightwatchers hotpot " she said " oh you're determined then " :dohh: she actually looked dissappointed :cry:

why would she want me to fail? I've had loads of issues with her recently and we actually quit speaking for about 6 weeks because I found out she was talking behind my back to my sil :grr:

So is it the fact I was overweight, was that something to talk about?

It has made me even more determined to succeed but ultimately I am doing this for me :)

sorry just needed to get that out!

I feel like my mum doesn't want me to lose weight. My mum has always been slim. size 6-10 depending on how she is as shes been unwell alot of her life. And washboard stomach at 48.

She keeps telling me I look great and not to loose too much, not to be skinny like her.

Thing is, I don't compare myself to her, I never have because I'm a big bone structure. My doctor told me 10-11stone with my height and build is my ideal weight.

I just want to keep good inmyself.

That abit crappy...it seems like you can't do anything rite.

My advice is ignore all the negative stuff you sound like your doin a great job!!

I want some before and after pics!! lol x x

It seems to me that your mother in law might be jealous of you. I'm so sorry that she's treating you this way. It's not really good for your emotional health, is it? Take care hun.........and seriously if you would like a treat every once and a while (which she thought you were doing anyways), it's none of her dam business. How frustrating.

Big :hug:

Sounds like jealously to me. I don't like telling people that I'm watching what I eat or trying to lose weight because there is always some person that will try to bring you down to make themselves feel better (for some odd reason). Pay no attention to her or anyone else trying to bring you down. You keep up the good work and accomplish the goal you set out to do. Good luck to you and ignore the negatives in your life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->