Weight Watchers

Stef

Mummy to Olivia & PG #2
Reaction score
Has any one ever been a member of weight watchers? If so what are your recomedations on it?

The reason I ask is beacuse I need some motivation. I have gone up a dress size from my pre-pregnancy figure & I feel quite disgusted in my self to the point where it is getting me down.

In all honesty I used to be far too thin at only a size 6/8 depending where I shopped. I then went up to a size 10/12 when I went on the pill and stayed at that right up until I was 18, changed the pill I used and I went up to a 14 upuntil I reached 20 and fell pg. Over the last few years I have been trying to loose weight. I'd do particually well and then loose the motivation, which is what I am doing now.

Right now im a size 16 after having Olivia, I feel frumpy and feel like I have the figure of a 40 year old not a 21 year old. It would probably be easier to accept if I had always been a big girl but I havent. Even at a 14 I used to feel slightly down but nothing like I do now.

I don't feel at all attractive, I barely take my clothes of in front of Chris if its day light and its making me so bloody insecure...

All my friends say you've only just had a baby, I don't wish to use this as an excuse.

I have another 2 months to go before I can hit the gym the doctors have said.

I have made an appointment with the nurse about my weiht and the doctor suggested prescription exocise... So basically so many free sesh's at the gym and said it would be about 2-3months before it went trhough so by the time ive healed from the c-section i'll be ready

So I feel perhaps attending weight watchers meetings may help me, sometimes i just need that extra push from an outsider to help me, where as if I did it online i'd have the temptation to cheat myself. I guess at weight watchers meetings I would be able to talk to people who are going through the same desperate battle to loose weight. The only trouble is im such a shy person... I will feel really embarrased to just turn up at a meeting, but I guess thats the second step to admitting I have a weight issue. The first is beleiving it myself. I used to look at the veiw that there are plenty of others who are bigger than me but when I was 18 and a size 10/12 before chaninging pills again I was one of the most confident girls you could possibly meet.. Now I feel like I hide away in my own little burrow. :cry:

Just thought i'd get your views and get some of that off my chest, sorry its an essay and thanks for reading I guess.

Hi Babybean

I went to Weight Watchers and recommend it. I am a bugger for takeaways and with Weight Watchers you can basically eat what you like, its basically cutting down, portion sizes (and of course healthier meals but allowing you some treats!)

I first went around 8 years ago when i was preparing to be a bridesmaid, i was size 18 and weighed 13 stone. After 3/4 months of dieting and going for a walk for 30 mins everyday i lost four stone and have kept it off for these past 8 years (until now that i'm pregnant, already put a stone back on!)

Anyway, i recommend it, it helped going to the weekly meetings each week which took about 30 minutes, everyones in the same boat and are really friendly, the leaders are nice too and encouraging. you could always ask a friend or if you have a sister that wants to lose weight to go with you and do it together?

You get really into it and after the first week i never felt hungry, you get used to the points system they use.

I used to treat myself on weigh in night to a takeaway afterwards. I will definately start my weight watchers diet again once baby is born!

hello lovely Ladies
I go WW. Love it it totally works, lost 4yrs ago @ 4stone
and i have joined again and lost 15.5Lb's (1/2 lost this week) weigh day today.
Have a look at my post i started re Weight watchers.
Its good, people are there from all different reasons, backgrounds and ideas on Weight so you wiull fit in interms of no one looks down at you if you feel horrible about yourself.

C xxx

WW is great! I was on it in 2006 and lost 55lbs. I started doing the points plan but then switched to flex when I got sick of counting my points. It took about 7-8 months but I felt great. I went from a size 16 to a 4. (Okay, I admit I got too small and my DH made me put some weight back on.)

After this, I moved to Alaska and gained my weight back. *pout* Now I am planning to go back on WW soon so we will see how it goes the second time around. ^_^

Good luck!!!

I personally think WW is great. After my senior year of high school I weighed 175 pounds (5'5) and got down to 140 or so within 6 months to a year. It taught me how to eat properly. Like someone said, they teach you portion sizes and help you to decide what is better for you to eat. On weigh in day, if you lose weight you get an award (a sticker, everyone claps for you..). Everyone is very supportive, healthy recipes are given out, advice, people share their stories and what is working for them. You can pick which plan you want to be on. It's nothing to be embarassed about, everyone else will be there for the same reason you are. I actually went for a 2nd time, but I hit a plateau for a long period of time, got frustrated and gave up (my fault). Once I have the baby, I plan on referring back to the weight watchers plan. The meetings are very helpful and encouraging. Once you attend so many meetings you get to know the people around you and form friendships (it is really nice and gives you extra support). Good luck on your weight loss goals, and remember to never give up.

Thanks guys, im definately going to give it ago... I go on Holiday in May so I guess that also gives me an insentive to loose some weight.

Chris's sister is interested in going, she is not as big as I am, i'd say she is a 12 boderline 14 so her goals wont be as big as mine she wants to get to her pre-pregnancy shape also but at least its some one to help me with motivation even if its only for the short term.

I think i'm going to pop along to a meeting on a Tuesday morning when Chris can look after Olivia and see what they suggest for me.

x

One of my friends is going to weight watchers to get ready for her wedding in August and she swears by it. She's got this little points calculator thing as well.

Its worked really well for her but shes stuck to it reeligiously. I dont think I could tbh, but different things suit different people.

Good luck :)

xxx

Babybean its as if I wrote that first post its exactly what I feel like! Spooky lol.

I think I will start soon gonna see if my mum wants to go with me lol. Hope it goes well for you! Im sure you will be the size u want to be in no time

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->