Weight worries

TTC 84

Reaction score
I'm really struggling with how much weight I've already gained (3.5kgs ) and what's still to come . I really want to enjoy my pregnancy and not worry about every kg I gain . I'm hoping to start walking now I'm feeling better , and I don't need to snack so much now I'm not so nauseous so maybe it'll even out .

Try not to worry too much. Remember-- your body now has 50% more volume of blood running through you than it did before! That's gotta add some weight surely :haha:
But seriously, try to eat healthy, have a naughty snack when you feel like it, and go for a stroll each evening :) try not to overthink it. This is your baby-- it is such an exciting time!

I started already so overweight (I had recently gained 38kg from some medical problems-- ugh!!) so I am doing 30 minutes of easy sessions on my cross trainer and trying to eat well each day. I have lost 6kgs, and I really hope that instead of gaining weight this pregnancy, I at least even out at the end!! I feel so guilty about being the weight I am while pregnant, but I am just trying to be positive, and being proactive.

Good luck, I hope you feel okay (I bet you look fab) :flower:

Thanks lala :) you are right , I just feel guilty as I know I could have eaten healthier since finding out, but once ms kicked in I could only eat what I felt like, and that wasn't always healthy foods . I had lost 30kgs and got to my goal weight 75kgs and have regained 8kg of that this year which disappoints me too . Good on you for losing 6kgs :) amazing job . Good luck to you too :) Thankyou x

This is one thing I am so nervous about! I used to be overweight about 5 years ago and lost 13kg to be a healthy weight. It was such hard work to lose it and I'm hating the thought of having to do it again!!

I've been walking every day but it doesn't feel like enough. I'm a member of a boxing gym, but haven't gone since finding out because I'm scared of miscarrying by over doing it.

I started off eating really healthy but the aversions are hitting me hard now :(

Not sure if this will make u feel better but I've had all my pregnancies at a very high weight. I've always been big. In fact I'm fatter than all you beauties but I hardly put on much weight during pregnancy. Being bigger doesn't necessarily mean you are totally unhealthy and a horrible mom! Our bodies change alot and as women we retain water all kinds of not fun stuff that puts on pounds. Try to enjoy your pregnancy and not worry too much. After u can zumba and gym it out lol.. Hugs ladies...don't be so hard on yourself!

Buffy I feel exactly the same it really is hard work to lose it and I dread doing it all over again , food aversions were my biggest worry because I felt like eating barely anything so when I felt like eating something it was usually crap , now I'm feeling better I want to eat everything I can't win lol
Tryn4 Thankyou I'm going to try and enjoy this pregnancy as much as I can , just noticed we are the same weeks :) that's cool

Awesome! I know this is bad but I feel like taco bell...lord help me!

I'm going to have to back up Tryn4 on this one, being pregnant is downright HARD and if your'e anything like me at least half of the weight you've put on so far feels like it's all BLOAT anyway.

I'm all for good nutrition and trying to be healthy but we have to be kind to ourselves too. Before the year is out we're all going to be carting around 10lb + of squirming 3 month old so if we need to burn some extra calories I'm sure we'll find a way :) :hugs:

All that having been said I have found that some prenatal yoga really really helps me get rid of some of that bloat, and calms my restless legs too if I haven't done enough walking for a few days.

I was nauseous an hour ago, but taco bell sounds so good!

I totally get the weight gain worries. I'm overweight to begin with and did lose about 25 lbs 2 years ago that I kept off but have plenty more to lose and I do not want to be that woman who gains 50 lbs while pregnant. I went to dr at 5 weeks and then again about 2 weeks later and I had gained 3 lbs! Granted it was over the holidays and I haven't been to active so I'm hoping now that I'm back into my usual routine, I'll be able to stall anymore weight gain until the 2nd trimester!

Lol I'm sorry I threw everyone off with my taco bell craving. I didn't get any btw...will power!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->