Weightgain plateau or loss in late pregnancy?

mons75

Reaction score
Has anyone had this? :flower:

I've lost a tiny bit of weight the last week and constantly feel too full and uncomfortable. The weightgain so far has been on the upper recommended level for a normal BMI. And the belly seems to be growing still, although it feels impossible as the skin is so stretched and tense!

Just wondering if not putting on weight right now should be a cause of concern...:flower:

(33/34 weeks now)

In my first I lost 2lb around week 30, then stayed the same untill week 35 then continued to gain weigth as expected. I was eating normally and had a healthy diet. Consultant wasn't worried. Apparently because my diet was ideal for the beggining of the pregnancy I should have increased calories in third tri, but I didn't. Baby had no problem because of it but was small 6lb10 at 41+4 when born. I was told as long you have all the nutrients, the calories are not so important, and at the time (it was summer) the only thing I wanted to eat was fruit.

Oh, and this time I put a lot in first tri, some in second but I have the same weight for the past 3 weeks.

capel: we seem to be similar, I too put on a chunk in first and also in 2nd less in 3rd. I'm eating normally, forcing myself too, as I'm not really ever hungry anymore. Just intensly uncomfy!

I take pregnacare w oil tablets and I try eating a varied diet but I have gone off veggies now that the e coli scare came about.

Thanks for your advise! xx

i haven't put on any weight at all,in fact lost about 2lbs since got pregnant, baby is growing though and at34 weeks have a good size bump...strangeas usually i put on 3 stones! I was asize 18 priorbut now can fit in things i previously non-preg couldn't lol!

i haven't put on any weight at all,in fact lost about 2lbs since got pregnant, baby is growing though and at34 weeks have a good size bump...strangeas usually i put on 3 stones! I was asize 18 priorbut now can fit in things i previously non-preg couldn't lol!

Wow, how surprising!! :haha:

My doctor told me that at the end of pregnancy, in the last month or so it is perfectly normal to lose a little bit of weight. Your stomach is so compressed right now that it is difficult to eat anything but small meals. I keep trying though lol! It's nothing to worry about.

Has anyone had this? :flower:

I've lost a tiny bit of weight the last week and constantly feel too full and uncomfortable. The weightgain so far has been on the upper recommended level for a normal BMI. And the belly seems to be growing still, although it feels impossible as the skin is so stretched and tense!

Just wondering if not putting on weight right now should be a cause of concern...:flower:

(33/34 weeks now)

as far as my mw is concerned with me not putting on much weight she basically said ' your weight is not an issue and we dont monitor it, as long as the babys measuring ok'! i went last friday and this was the first ques i asked as i av only put a few pounds on but av a cracking bump and i was worried to but after she told me the above then i'm not worried at all now!

obviously ask your mw just incase its summat else but i just thought id tell you how it was with me!

Hmmm, not sure at 33-34 weeks. However, I weighed myself at 36-37 weeks and I weighed 10 stone 11 (eek!) and two days before my due date I weighed 10 stone 12, so happy to see my weight gain slowed down towards the end. Mind you, if baby stays in much longer I am still going to be HUGE!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->