Weightloss before TTC - What do you do?

Over the past summer I lost 20 pounds. I did it following the weight watchers plan, and I basically cut out all foods with preservatives and keep away from high fructose corn syrup. Now the only "unhealthy" thing I have is a glass of wine or two at dinner (which I know I need to stop once TTC). I stick to lots of vegetables and fruits, oatmeal for breakfast, and fresh fish and usually whole wheat couscous for dinner.

I also do exercise as well. I do the Couch to 5K program (on the fifth week!) three times a week and strength training three times a week. This is in addition to walking the dog every morning for about 25 minutes.

I feel healthier and sexier :coolio:, and my self esteem just got a huge boost. I'm looking forward to sticking to my healthy lifestyle while pregnant....I've read the preferred diet in the "What to Expect" book and that's basically what I eat! It means a healthier baby and a healthier me! :happydance:

Dont mean to sound dumb but high fructose corn syrup?

Unfortunately in the US it's used as an artificial sweetener in almost any processed food. Have you ever had US chocolate and noticed that it tastes funny compared to UK chocolate? It's because of the high fructose corn syrup. Apparently (according to DH who is from England) it's a banned substance in Europe so you don't get it over there.

That might be why i havent heard of it. American chocolate dosent taste like chocolate to me it tastes like nothing. I might as well be chewing air. Might be why your not as big on chocolate over there. mmmmmm chocolate.

Speaking of chocolate: I've just gone cold turkey. Decided this morning (this morning!!!) and have had cravings all day! Also witch is due some time this week so that's going to be funny. :D But I think it's a small step in the right direction, I really am far too dependent on the stuff.

Speaking of chocolate: I've just gone cold turkey. Decided this morning (this morning!!!) and have had cravings all day! Also witch is due some time this week so that's going to be funny. :D But I think it's a small step in the right direction, I really am far too dependent on the stuff.

I'm the same way...absolutely addicted to chocolate! However, I found that if I quit eating it then that makes me prone to bingeing on it during a moment of weakness. Instead I allow myself one small piece at night. DH is very good at just giving me the one piece...I know if I went to the fridge to get the piece myself it would be much larger. But I find it keeps my cravings for it down.

Over the past summer I lost 20 pounds. I did it following the weight watchers plan, and I basically cut out all foods with preservatives and keep away from high fructose corn syrup. Now the only "unhealthy" thing I have is a glass of wine or two at dinner (which I know I need to stop once TTC). I stick to lots of vegetables and fruits, oatmeal for breakfast, and fresh fish and usually whole wheat couscous for dinner.

I also do exercise as well. I do the Couch to 5K program (on the fifth week!) three times a week and strength training three times a week. This is in addition to walking the dog every morning for about 25 minutes.

I feel healthier and sexier :coolio:, and my self esteem just got a huge boost. I'm looking forward to sticking to my healthy lifestyle while pregnant....I've read the preferred diet in the "What to Expect" book and that's basically what I eat! It means a healthier baby and a healthier me! :happydance:

Dont mean to sound dumb but high fructose corn syrup?

Unfortunately in the US it's used as an artificial sweetener in almost any processed food. Have you ever had US chocolate and noticed that it tastes funny compared to UK chocolate? It's because of the high fructose corn syrup. Apparently (according to DH who is from England) it's a banned substance in Europe so you don't get it over there.

That might be why i havent heard of it. American chocolate dosent taste like chocolate to me it tastes like nothing. I might as well be chewing air. Might be why your not as big on chocolate over there. mmmmmm chocolate.

Well, that's better than DH's reaction to it. The first (and only) time he tried a Hershey's bar he spat it back out and claimed it "tasted like vomit" lol

I love Hershey bars! Cookie and cream *drool* and peanut butter cups too. I didn't really like anything else I tried though, and still prefer english chocolate. I had no idea that's why it tastes different though, you learn a new thing every day! :) I've cut down too *proud and smug!* for the sake of my teeth, far too many fillings for my age because of it :/
LadyofRohan I wish I had your discipline when it comes to food :p I do try to be good though, but unfortunately I live with a family who won't eat healthy food, and my mum refuses to buy different food for me :( Then when I buy my own it gets eaten *rolls eyes* I guess I'll have to wait for OH and I to move out! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->