Weightloss tips! *add your own*

mrscookie

Mama and expecting
Reaction score
If you have an idea that works, bung it in here for all of us to read and try for ourselves. Here are 2 from me that work great!

Have trouble with portion size when you eat breakfast? If like me you tend to put a bit too much in, opt for the variety packs. They are perfect portion size wise so you dont over eat, and you get a bit of variety everyday too.
Now you are thinking '' but they are not as healthy as special k'' well firstly you'd be suprised lol. You find that with lower fat and sugar cereal you put more in your bowl because its 'better for you' but actually making it no better for you in the long run because you have more quantity.
https://www.britsuperstore.com/acatalog/cereal_montage.gif

If you have a sweet tooth like me and can not live without chocolate, try getting some mini milky way bars and freezing them.
Mini milkyways are only 38 calories per bar and if they are frozen solid you can't chomp your way through them easily so you sit and suck on them. By the time you are done eating it you cant really be bothered to eat another one because its taken you 3 times as long as it would normally, although it requires willpower not to keep raiding the freezer, limit yourself to 1 or 2 max per day.
https://i30.twenga.com/3/tp/74/28/7864863650723447428.png*don't mix up funsize with mini ones, funsize milkyways have 81 cals per bar but if you would rather have them you could do but only have 1 a day max*

Add your own tips! :happydance:

I also do the freezing chocolate thing! Curly whirlys and fudges!

Also i find if i carry water with me i'll drink it rather than go buy a coke from the shop...that might just be me though!

Might be an obvious one for some but i found switching from white sugar to brown sugar a massive help when trying to lose weight.

You dont need as much and it still has the same sweet taste.

Im a believer in the "little" things making all the difference

Going off what Holly says, another subtle but good one if you can manage it is using skimmed milk instead of semi. I have been drinking it for ages now and I honestly cannot say the difference taste-wise is not that obvious. I have it on cereal, in drinks and also my personal favourite ANGEL DELIGHT :D

Also salt ... when cooking dont add salt.

If you want some then add it afterwards, as you usually do anyway so you only end up with half the salt intake

oooo good thread!

i found drinking lots of water and sugar free juice really helps!

also measuring out food so you no exactly what is in your portion sizes

i too am a great believer in swapping:

white for brown rice, bread and pasta
low fat peanut butter extra like philly cheese - i really can't taste the difference!

A few tried and true: :)

- Avoid sweeteners (splenda & co)! By creating the illusion of sugar, they only make you crave more (real) sugar.

- Eat enough (especially carbs): Feeling hungry and restricting leads to binges.

- Eat when you're hungry: don't eat because it's time to eat or because everyone else is eating. Eat only when you're hungry and stop when you're full (just full, not my-tummy-is-about-to-explode full ;) ) . By the same token, if you're hungry at an usual time, don't be afraid to eat (even if it's not meal time). Your body is trying to tell you something... :)

- Veggies! Vegetables are harmless. Always incorporate a large portion of veggies in your meal.

- The best piece of advice I was ever given: don't consider it a diet, consider it like a way of life... :)

dont weigh every day!!! as tempting as it is!!

weigh weekly.. then you notice the real difference

Lots of healthy sex! Burn those calories off with the one you love! =)

water water and more water! it fills you up a treat. often we eat because we are just thirsty and not actually hungry. its very true!! i lost a load of weight like this last year... then went and got preggo and put on 4 stone.... :dohh: wooopsiiiee!!

Don't eat anything processed, don't eat ready meals, don't eat anything tinned, watch you sodium and fat intake and make sure at least 20% of your daily diet is protein. The more protein you eat, the less hungry you will feel.

Join www.livestrong.com too. It's all free as has been a massive help to me.

I am on day 13 with no sweets, chocolate, caffine, crisps or any junks and I feel amazing. I cannot believe the difference healthy eating makes, and I lost 6lbs in one week.

When you eat properly and healthy, you don't ever feel like snacking. I don't even want to put rubbish in my body anymore, I feel so good.

my food intake yesterday:

Green Tea
Flaxseed Oil
Pumpkin Seed Oil
Evening Primrose Oil
Hemp Seed Oil
Banana, medium
Soy Milk Lite - Soymilk- Vanilla
Low fat natural yogurt
Tesco Lighter Choices Chicken Pasta Bake
Medium Egg White x 2
White Onion
Green Giant Original Sweetniblets Sweetcorn
Whole Green Pepper
Red Pepper
Tesco Babycorn
Onion, Raw
Old El Paso Fajita Seasoning Mix
Old El Paso Corn Tortilla
Sealtest Low Fat Sour Cream

All came to 1,300 calories, then I burnt off 1,000 cals in the gym.

Plan your meals for the week ahead and shop online for them. (I have saved about £50 this week alone!)

Keep a food diary, I joined ww online that gives you a day by day planner to enter everything you eat/plan to eat I found it a great help.

Exercise, the 'My Fitness Coach' for the wii fit is great if you have no access to a gym.

I try not to eat after 1830 and have fruit bowls and veg bowls made up with all my favourites in the fridge to snack on. I found if it wasnt already washed, peeled or chopped up ready to eat I would just head for the crisps cos I couldnt be bothered!

never put a larger portion than ur fist of food on ur plate ie potato, meat but however much veh as u like

Keep a food diary... its fact that EVERYONE underestimates how much you eat... writing it down completely shows how much you are eating :)

Only eat when your hungry!
Always leave abit of food on your plate, dont need to eat it all

:)

and WATER :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79