Weightloss tips?

Eat a big breakfast & lunch and small dinner. You burn more calories in the morning and afternoon than the evening.

Drink at least 4pints of water a day and add another glass/half pint for every caffeinated drink you have

Get lots of low cal snacks in, e.g. snack a jacks or treatsize chocolate, then if you give into temptation it's not a big deal.

Walk/get the stairs as often as possible

Use brown rice & bread instead of white, same with pasta (but I don't as I hate brown pasta)

Fill up on veg, e.g. if I'm having rice & something then I'll have 75g of brown rice & 100g mixed frozen veg as it doubles the amount of food on your plate & fills you up

Ditch oil & use Frylight instead

Ditch butter & use low fat olive spreads instead

Use Quorn instead of meat. I'm a veggie but I knnow lots of meat eaters who use quorn mince instead of meat etc as it's really low cal & low fat

I agree with Kitten, because Im on WW I eat quite alot of quorn, you get more for less points. It don't taste half bad either!

Hey Hannnnny!

I agree with all the tips and some of mine are..

If at all possible stop eating hard cheese, it is high in fat and calories and it so easy to eat a lot of it (and on WW it just eats your points!)

I try not to eat carbs after 5pm, I know my body doesn't need them at that time of night.. so I often make quorn bolognaise and don't have any spagetti with it.

If you want chips then make them the healthy way (part boiled, sprayed with fry light and put in the oven for 30/40 ish minutes)

At every meal make sure your plate is half full of veggies.

And use a smaller plate than you are doing now so it looks like you are eating more!!

xXx

Yup, 'Slimming World' chips are the only chips I'll eat these days!

Oh and spices are good for the metabolism (and adding flavour to bland food). I put black pepper or ground chilli on everything. I wouldn't be without my Tesco hot chilli grinder, it's great for brown rice, heh.

Yup, 'Slimming World' chips are the only chips I'll eat these days!

Oh and spices are good for the metabolism (and adding flavour to bland food). I put black pepper or ground chilli on everything. I wouldn't be without my Tesco hot chilli grinder, it's great for brown rice, heh.

What are Slimming World Chips?
I tend to eat the Rustic McCain Chips with Skin on or sometimes the Oven Chips with 5% fat

I didn't know spices are good for your metabolism, but I love it spicy and always add a ton of chili or paprika to my soups

Slimming World chips are the ones queenmummy mentioned.

. Preheat the oven to 240°C/475°F/Gas 9. Peel the potatoes using a potato peeler and remove any blemishes or 'eyes'. Slice lengthwise into approx ½in/1cm thick rectangular chips.

2. Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add the chips and cook for 4 minutes. Drain and leave aside for 10 minutes to dry.

3. Return the chips to the dry saucepan, cover with a lid and shake to 'rough up' the edges of the chips - this roughness is important to the texture of the chips.

4. Spray a metal baking tray with Fry Light. Transfer the chips to the tray, spray lightly with Fry Light and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, turning occasionally, until golden brown on all sides. Drain them on absorbent kitchen paper and serve with salt and vinegar.

Tip 1: Find out how many calories you need

BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate)

BMR [kcal]

Body Weight [lb] x 15 + (moderate activity [mins/day] x 3.5)

Since you wish to lose weight, your target = BMR - 500 kcal

For instance, you weigh 140 lb and you perform 20 mins of moderate activity every day. BMR of this example = (140 x 15) + (20 x 3.5) = 2100 + 70 = 2170 kcal. BMR minus 500kcal; it would be 2170 - 500 = 1670 kcal. Therefore 1670 kcal is the target in this example to losing 1 lb per week.

weight loss tipsTool: Use our online Calories Calculator to calculate how many calories you need every day.

Tip 2: Eat at least 5 servings of fruits and vegetables per day

easy weight loss tips
Fruits and vegetables are packed with beneficial fibers, vitamins and antioxidants. They fill up your stomach fast so you feel full earlier. They are also low in calories and helps to keep your calorie count low.

weight loss tipsRead more: Top 5 Healthiest Foods

Tip 3: Watch for Portion Size

One serving of pasta means 1/2 cup of cooked pasta. However, most restaurants serve a pasta dish with 4 servings of pasta!!! You do not need to finish and clean off the plate every time. You can simply ask to take home the leftover.
easy weight loss tips

Tip 4: Do not Skip Meals

easy weight loss tips

Eating small frequent meals help to balance your calorie intake throughout the day and also keeps your blood sugar level balanced. Instead of eating 3 big meals, try to eat 5 - 6 smaller meals throughout the day.

weight loss tipsRead more: 4 Breakfast items to Avoid

Tip 5: Go for wholesome fresh foods

If possible, purchase fresh foods and avoid package (processed) and convenient foods such as fast food. Packaged and convenient foods are often higher in sodium and fat content. Many people we spoke to are amazed that they can easily lose weight by packing a home-cooked lunch to work instead of eating out.
weight loss tips

Tip 6: Don't be overly-restrictive

easy weight loss tips

Everyone has his or her favorite treats. Simply allow yourself a little indulgence, but watch out for the frequency and the quantity. Having a small treat once in a while can be rewarding to your weight loss experience. Cutting too much of your favorite treats usually lead to an early relapse.

Tip 7: Understand Food Claims and Labels

A product labelled with a fat-free claim does not mean that it is low in calories. Similarly a product labelled as low-sugar or low-carb does not mean it is low in fat or calories. Always read the nutrition label on the packaging.

weight loss tipsRead more: Understanding Food Labelings
weight loss tips

Tip 8: Watch for the sugary drinks

easy weight loss tips

Juices, soda, cream & sugar in your coffee or tea all add up. Opt for drinking at least 8 glasses of water a day. In addition to providing hydration to your body, it will also help you feel full.

weight loss tipsRead more: 5 Myths about Drinks

Tip 9: Keep a food journal

Keeping a food journal helps you pin point your eating pattern and will enable you to easily modify it. If possible, have your Registered Dietitian review your journal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->