Weird advice from the Pediatrcian ? long

1st_baby

So I brought Maxim in for a check up as he always had a runny nose or stuffy and spits up allot , long story short hes got reflux which we knew but his other dr said it was normal stupid cow :hissy:

Anywhoo this Dr prescribed some Zantac which seems to be working great ..he also said to buy hims special formula made for reflux and allergies ..well I did and max hated them so we stopped and went back to his old milk ..when I told the dr he asked If I was feeding him cows milk and I said yes but only in the am with his cereal ..He then asked if he ever spit that up and I said no...

So..........He mentioned that mabey ti was time I start giving max half & half bottles ..as he seems to handle cows milk very well he said to use full fat milk and add some to his formula ..well I did for the past 3 days now and he has no problems poop is fine , no spitting up or tummy aches ..:happydance:

So my questions is , since babies do need formula due to vits and stuff how once hes okay on just cows milk should i at least give 2 bottles of formula per day to keep up with his vits ..He is also eating 3 meals plus snacks so he gets plenty of food (home made)

Anyway just wondering if anyone got there LO's on cows milk early ?

Personally, I would stick to formula as much as possible. Cow's milk doesn't have enough vitamins and is not as good as formula. It is very very important for babies to get loads of vitamins, omega 3-6 etc as their brain is developing.
I plan on having Josh has long as possible on formula instead of cow's milk. But this is just my opinion. Maybe try some soy formula, or other brands? Hope he gets better. xx

As for the stuffy/runny nose, I use hydrasense https://hydrasense.com/en/faq/ for Josh when he has a runny nose, it does wonders!!!!

IF you want to go to animal milk, maybe see if you can find a local outlet for goats milk. It is the most like breast milk and formula.
:hug:

TBH to a certain extent I think it always best to follow your Dr's advice. Did she say to give him purely cows milk?? If so I would say maybe get full fat cows milk and some vitamin drops or something? Or did Dr say just continue giving half and half? TBH if I were you I would keep giving half and half while he is handling it well and go from there :hugs:

am sure your doc knows what she is doing. I wouldnt worry, and if you are worried, re-ask about vitamin supplements etc?

My dr is highly recommended here so I know hes knows what hes doing lol he said to give half & half until hes about 10 months old ..but what im doing now is 1 bottle of purely formula in the am ..the rest of his bottles are half & half and he has a full 8 oz of formula at bedtime ..so I know hes getting enough vitamins ..just found it weird that dr's start pushing to feed cows milk ..

I will try to find some goats milk as mentioned maybe thats better !but for now hes on full fat milk its all we drink here

Missjess as for his nose the problem is related to his reflux , the saline drops work great but I will look in to the one you mentioned also .

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->