Weird bleeding after natural M/C

NZKiwi

cautiously optimistic
Reaction score
This is most definitely TMI, I had a natural m/c almost 3 weeks ago. I had a scan that came back clear (no remaining products of conception) the bleeding had tapered off to spotting, then it started to come back only really watery and slimy (not foul smelling like an infection) like blood streaked discharge. This started on Saturday, Tuesday night I had proper bleeding and passed what I think was a largish chunk of placenta (NOT happy about being told I was clear when I was not) then the bleeding tapered off really quickly and is now back to the weird bloody discharge. I have tried googling but can't get a clear answer, has anyone experienced this bloody discharge and if so how long did it last? Did it signal the end of the bleeding and spotting for you? Did it signal the beginning of the end of the whole awful experience?

Everything I read says a week of bleeding is normal, but its going on 3 and I just want my cycle back so I can TTC again

I was 8 weeks but the baby stopped growing at 6, so really not that far along (I read that can affect how long you bleed and pass tissue for)

I just really need this whole thing to be over and it keeps getting weird and dragging out. I hopeful that last bit was what was causing me to still bleed and was why my HCG wasn't dropping that fast but I feel like I don't know anything anymore and it really seems like the health professionals are all guessing as well. I would really appreciate some input from other peoples experiences.

Awe hun I'm so sorry to hear about your troubles. Bleeding after MC really varies from woman to woman. There is no "one size fits all" approach about it. I don't want to scare you but I do have to say that I had two losses in a row and after my second loss, they did a PAP and blood work to find that I had a uterine infection which they believed contributed to my losses. I had a D&C so I knew all the tissue was gone. My symptoms with the infection were: dark urine; foul smelling CM especially after DTD (sorry if tmi); bad cramping and clotting with periods post MC; burning upon urination. Also, when the doctor did a pelvic exam, as soon as she pushed on my belly I screamed in pain because it was so tender. If you have any of those symptoms along with the weird bleeding I would tell your doctor. He/she can put you on antibiotics to clear it up.

Thanks, thankfully no sign of infection. I'm sorry about your losses too.

For such a common process the doctors and midwives really don't seem to be able to give you any clear cut information. I have seen pamphlets in hospitals about a variety of conditions and what to expect, but I have been given nothing on M/C. Even our ministry of health doesn't have much online. It's like this weird black hole. It's in such contrast to when you get pregnant too, then they can't fob enough information onto you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->