Weird Bruises

SophiasMummy

Mummy to Sophia
Reaction score
I'm not sure where to put this as I don't come here much any more but my LO has started school now so I figured I would try here.

My LO goes through stages of falling over like most kids especially when she's having a growth spurt. probably more so as she's very tall and skinny. but around 3 weeks ago I noticed a bruise on her right hip bone, I didn't think too much of it and figured she banged herself on something at school. but three weeks later and the bruise on her hip is still there, then when she was having a bath Monday night I noticed she had another one on the back of the same hip and I was checking again tonight to see if the one on the front had finally faded (which it hasn't) and she's got another identical on the back of the other hip. I've asked her if she's bumped herself or fallen into something and she says no. her school are really good about telling me if she hurts herself, like her hand was trodden on by accident during PE yesterday which they told me about.

I'm going to ask tomorrow at school if there's anything she could be bumping into or catching herself on to get such identical bruises. But I'm a bit worried that maybe I should take her to the Dr's? she's fine in herself but she's never had a bruise that lasted more than a week even when she's really hurt herself.

Could she have bumped in to table on chairs. When I was teaching I always had bruises on legs at height of table that I never noticed doing and would hang around for ages. I had one on my hip recently and had for ages. It was a really big one and I never even noticed doing it and didn't hurt. I must have knocked it somehow but couldn't tell you how

Could she have bumped in to table on chairs. When I was teaching I always had bruises on legs at height of table that I never noticed doing and would hang around for ages. I had one on my hip recently and had for ages. It was a really big one and I never even noticed doing it and didn't hurt. I must have knocked it somehow but couldn't tell you how

Thanks no the tables are too low for where the bruises are, though there are some higher storage cabinets and things. I will definitely have to ask her teachers and ask them to keep an eye out luckily she is in a very small school with 4 teachers just for her class so they're pretty good at keeping an eye on them if they're asked to. Sophia can be a bit of a drama queen if she does something like bumping into something (she likes to play the damsel in distress) so that's why I'm a bit worried about the bruises because she never hesitates to tell me when she's hurt herself usually. but maybe I'm just so used to knowing how she got all her bruises that I'm worrying about nothing

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->