Weird cycle every other month

red_head

Reaction score
Hey,
Just been looking back at my cycle app, and noticed that my cycle is different every other month;
Month 1) length; 30 days
Month 2) length; 35 days
Month 3) length; 30 days
Month 4) length; 35 days
And so on. Sometimes they are a day or so different every other month. I have PCOS and the cysts are worse on one side; does this mean that I take longer to ovulate one side? Or does it mean nothing and I'm over thinking? I've got an appointment with the fertility clinic this afternoon and didn't know whether to mention it!
Thanks
X

They'll probably ask what your cycles look like when you go. I have PCOS and had cycles of 26, 30, 28, 38, 26, 45 and then conceived! Such a surprise because I didn't know I was even ovulating with such strange cycles, and I ovulated on CD26, so that would have been another weird cycle. So you could be ovulating at any time. Best of luck to you!

You may have one ovary that just delivers later. Shouldn't be a big deal really.

Is it out of the ordinary to have 2 periods in one months , it has only happened a few times like that for me , but I am curious if others have the same thing sometimes happen

Depends what you mean. I've had two in say, June, as it's almost six weeks long, so that's completely normal; you bleed at the beginning of the month and be due again at the end. If you mean you bleed twice within (e.g.) a 30 day cycle, I would think that is something you should talk to your doctor about; it could just be spotting during the cycle, but if your having trouble getting pregnant that could suggest something is up.

It was December 4th - 8th , and then again December 30th through January 3rd . It came twice January of last year as well . I've kept a record of it and it starts at the end of the month and gradually gets closer to starting towards the beginning of the month . Its odd : /

That sounds completely normal; an average cycle is 28 days, so you're about right.

I haven't looked at the whole thing since I started it back in July of 2015 , until just now , its like a pattern

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->