weird lumps on my scalp !

willow25

Gracies mummy !!!
Reaction score
I've noticed today I have quite a few small hard lumps mostly on my scalp, but a couple behind my ear, they are not itchy or sore, but it's freaking me out and I can't stop touching them ! Any ideas ?

I have them in my scalp too, it is just warts and nothing to worry about. If you are really worried though see your GP :)

I had some, mine were sebaceous cysts. Basically where pores get blocked and the yuck backs up and creates these hard little lumps. If you find the irritating, painful or they are more visible than you would like they can remove then at your doctors under local anaesthetic :)

I went to my gp today as I have been really unwell over the weekend and the doctor said i have a viral infection and that all my lymph nodes are swollen and he felt that the lumps were related to the lymph nodes ? They are now sore but most of me is especially my head and neck, so it will be interesting to see if they go away when im better ? Thanks for your replies

I read your post earlier today but didn't get a chance to respond until now. I was going to say that it's probably your lymph nodes too. I had this happen in the past to me and it did clear up in a few weeks.

Ironically I also discovered a hard lump on my head as well. It was tender and sore and I called the doctor but they can't see me until next monday. I have crazy health anxiety so this means I get to sit on it and wait all week - fun! I am doing my best to distract myself and not worry over nothing. My bump isn't tender anymore but it is hard and it is there and I don't think mine is a lymph node. Makes me wonder if I had it all along and only noticed it because my head was tender.

does anyone else have a hard lump on there head? mine is large, feels like bone...

please don't scare me. I am going to the doctors in a weeks time and need to keep my sanity

My lumps on back of my head are always prominent.and when I get ill they swell and are very tender and sore so I sometimes know when I am run down or am gonna be ill. Lol.

Xx

Sounds like lymph nodes. They usually feel like cartilage. They usually pop up when your run down or ill, they usually hurt but sometimes they don't.

I have a couple behind my ears that never went down again after an infection, they don't hurt at all. I went through loads of blood tests because I am an absolute worry wart and had convinced myself they were the sign of something sinister. They weren't though. The doctor that looked at me said that even he had some on his head too that never went down.

well, the plot thickens - all the bumps have scabbed over, and I have had shooting pains in my face and ear ( everything is on the right side of my head) and it's now looking more like shingles ! My hearing is strange - everyone sounded like daliks and now I have earache !

Well I went back to the doctor as the pain was horrendous and was immediately diagnosed with shingles ! so I'm on anti epilepsy drugs to reduce the pain - post hepetic neuralgia ! I'm so glad it was finally diagnosed as I have felt awful but thought I was being dramatic for someone with a cold ! I'm still not 100% but I'm getting there :thumbup:

Pleased they have found what was wrong. Hope you recover soon :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->