Weird quirks

SarahBear

Reaction score
Is your preschooler particular about anything that seems weird to you? Leo seems to be bothered by it when I have wet hair... If I head out to work with wet hair, he will comment on it and I will reassure him that it will dry. Or this morning for example, I was trying to get him to look at me so I could ensure that he was listening. I wanted him to repeat back something to me to show he understood. He refused to look at me and said "I don't want to see your wet hair!" He's so weird about my hair being wet... The other thing he hates is listening to audio books in the car.

My daughter is nearly 3 and can't sleep if there's something in her room that isn't supposed to be there. She'll bring toys into her room to play and is happy to leave them in there while she's awake, but she freaks out if you put her down to sleep and those toys are still in the room. She'll point out every toy that is supposed to be in the living room and have you take them out of her room before she'll go to sleep. She also has a couch in her room and the pillows have to be arranged in the right way before she'll sleep. Also if you put anything in her crib then it has to remain there until the end of time. About 4 months ago she had a tummy bug and we put a bucket in the crib with her in case she had to throw up. That bucket is still in her crib, we've tried to take it out many times but she will always notice immediately when she goes to bed and cry out for her barf bucket.

I wonder if the hair thing is a sort of empathy on Leo's part. I only wash his hair once a week, but he does not like it. I never thought too much about this because he's worlds better than Violet was at the same age with hair washing. When I was washing his hair yesterday though, he was more upset by it than usual and it hit me that perhaps looking at wet hair for him is uncomfortable because he thinks about how it feels for him to have wet hair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->