Weird second name need advice! dont want my child being bullied..

Beautiful11

MammaShanxo
Reaction score
So me and DH have had a hard ol time on trying to find the perfect name for our little boy ...at the start we both LOVED Henry and were sure thats what he would be called i then went on that i loved Jacob so we decided on that also...But now were stuck between Henry, Harrison DH doesnt like Jacob But its the only name i like that i cant see him being bullied by at school...Our second name is Hopper!! isnt all that bad but Henry Hopper? Harrison Hopper? we will be looking at adding in a middle name too possibly John...any advice on what you ladies think?

I wouldn't alliterate names.

I love willow but we can't have it as our surname is Walters.

The first name that sprung to mind was Vinnie not sure if it's your cup of tea though x

I wouldn't alliterate names.

I love willow but we can't have it as our surname is Walters.

The first name that sprung to mind was Vinnie not sure if it's your cup of tea though x

Im not to sure on Vinnie thank you anyway though! :) when i was younger i always said ill have a Jacob but DH is so against it :(

I do love Jacob would he not compromise as go for jake? Xx

Oliver
Oscar
Sebastian
William
Christopher (flows great with hopper)
Charles/Charlie
Philip
Nathanial
Matthew
Lucas
George
Edward
Paul

I don't think he is going to be bullied.

I do admit that Henry hopper or Harrison hopper both made me crack a smile. They're cute, and he may get teased when he's older but only by friends just playing around; I can't see anyone being cruel about these names.

Ugh isn't it the worst when OH completely shoots down your dream baby name. Robin was going to be my name for the next one regardless of gender. Turns out OH *hates* it, also regardless of gender lol. Greaat. So I feel your pain with Jacob. Do you think its completely out of the question, or is OH showing any signs of caving?

In any case, if you're looking at John as a middle name, you would have alliteration either way: Henry / Harrison (John) Hopper, or Jacob John Hopper.

Which, in my opinion, alliteration is awesome with names. I have a friend named Caitlin Coo and I've always been jealous of how perfect it sounds and looks. Personally, I think its catchy and easy to remember - and not necessarily in a negative way. I could definitely see "Henry Hopper" or "Jacob John Hopper" on a business card and having people remember it easily.

I do love Jacob would he not compromise as go for jake? Xx

Nope :( its ridiculous because at first he said yes because i wanted Jacob-John JJ for short we agreed and that was that but then when he looked into what jacob meant etc he didnt like it down to his religious views etc really really annoyed me! as i was getting things personalized for little mans nursery But theres no budging him and i dont think jake on its own has much of an appeal..xx

Oliver
Oscar
Sebastian
William
Christopher (flows great with hopper)
Charles/Charlie
Philip
Nathanial
Matthew
Lucas
George
Edward
Paul
Youve given me a few ideas thank you! :) ive put them to him now waiting for a reply via text haha i do like Christopher but like Kristian too xx

I don't think he is going to be bullied.

Every family member and friend that i have said henry and harrison hopper too have laughed and said you cant do that to him =/ i know its not there choice but it does put me off xx

I do admit that Henry hopper or Harrison hopper both made me crack a smile. They're cute, and he may get teased when he's older but only by friends just playing around; I can't see anyone being cruel about these names.

Exactly i dont think it would be maliciously they'd bully him but i dont want him to regret me for giving him a name he doesnt like because they always shorten there names or use middle names if they dont like there first name! and i want him to keep the name that we choose for him so when he gets older he loves it as with girls there names change when they marry with boys thats there name for pretty much ever! xx

Ugh isn't it the worst when OH completely shoots down your dream baby name. Robin was going to be my name for the next one regardless of gender. Turns out OH *hates* it, also regardless of gender lol. Greaat. So I feel your pain with Jacob. Do you think its completely out of the question, or is OH showing any signs of caving?

In any case, if you're looking at John as a middle name, you would have alliteration either way: Henry / Harrison (John) Hopper, or Jacob John Hopper.

Which, in my opinion, alliteration is awesome with names. I have a friend named Caitlin Coo and I've always been jealous of how perfect it sounds and looks. Personally, I think its catchy and easy to remember - and not necessarily in a negative way. I could definitely see "Henry Hopper" or "Jacob John Hopper" on a business card and having people remember it easily.

Im sorry your going through the same! its so frustrating when you bond with your bump and call them that name especially after we do all the hard work and our babies are still half they're daddy's so they have to have a say too! it drives me mad haha like i said to a previous poster i loved Jacob-John JJ for short :( but theres no budging him grrrr xx

Casey
Evan
Bennett
Isaac
Zachary
Joshua
Alexander
Max
Milo
Riley
Cody
Edward
Finley
Reuben
Jamie
Jasper

I don't see why he would get bullied for having the surname Hopper.
But I can sympathise with trying to find a name to surname you think would get them bullied,
My hubby's surname is Butt which REALLY limits the names you can use. There were so many I liked but we couldn't have because of his surname.
I'm sure what ever name you agree will suit the surname well.

Jacob John Hopper for some reason made me think of the "John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt" song! :shrug: I guess maybe bc it sounds like a nursery rhyme / cartoon character kind of name!

I think with a "cutesy" last name like Hopper - I would recommend a simple, masculine name and nothing rhyme-y.

Like:

Anthony Hopper
Andrew Hopper
Michael Hopper
Thomas Hopper

If you like Jacob, maybe try some other 'J' names, like:

Jason
Jonathan
Joseph
James
Jordan
Joshua

or some other strong names like:

Andrew John
Ethan John
William John
Charles John
Thomas John (TJ?)

Or if you like Jacob John but your OH doesn't, maybe call him JJ?

Harry Hopper? Please don't do that! I think he will unnecessarily get teased, but that's just me. You can't prevent it all, but you can prevent some. I wouldn't pick an "H" first name

100% agree---song and all. That's the first thing I thought. Michael Andrew etc simple names would be best.

Jacob John Hopper for some reason made me think of the "John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt" song! :shrug: I guess maybe bc it sounds like a nursery rhyme / cartoon character kind of name!

I think with a "cutesy" last name like Hopper - I would recommend a simple, masculine name and nothing rhyme-y.

100% agree--song and all!!
Like:

Anthony Hopper
Andrew Hopper
Michael Hopper
Thomas Hopper

Our last name is Hopgood, Hopper is awesome in comparison! lol

Ahhhh you see weve almost almost decided on Harrison call him H for short or harry but then its still the same problem weve not seen anything else we really like im comparison ahhhh haha! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->